Wall display of fossil shark teeth

aplomado

I filled an old shadow box (originally with dried butterflies) with Cretaceous fossil shark teeth I got from PaleoRon.  Here is how it came out; eventually it will hang on my office wall:

Tooth%20display_zps5zbhobtm.jpg

That's a nice display piece. I always like the look of assemblages like this.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Beats the butterflies, like these type of shark teeth displays.  Friend of mine just used a old flower vase and filled it with shark teeth.

Very nice, I like it

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Hummm, that one on the right is slightly ascue, you might want to fix that. Nice display.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, RJB said:

What a neat idea. I just may have to try something like this too.

RB

With crabs? :D

Nice display !

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

On April 27, 2017 at 11:45 AM, aplomado said:

I filled an old shadow box (originally with dried butterflies) with Cretaceous fossil shark teeth I got from PaleoRon.  Here is how it came out; eventually it will hang on my office wall:

Tooth%20display_zps5zbhobtm.jpg

That looks great.  Years ago, a friend was throwing away a Godiva chocolates tin, tossing it into his recycling bin.  I pulled it back out and took it home.  It's gold-colored and oval.  I thought it would make a great display for a shark teeth too: a photo of the tin with the lid on and then a photo with the lid off with the bottom covered with teeth but arranged so each tooth could be seen.  I like your idea too - the tooth jumble representing a snapshot of nature and its many directions in response to the environment. 

When you can't enjoy the individual looks of each broken shark teeth, you roll them in into some tantalizingly awesome decor. I feel like I should do something similar with my box of random shark teeth I had plans of trading off.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

I also do the same thing with glass bottles with toppers. Mine contain shark teeth, brachiopods and chinois stems.

IMG_2148.thumb.JPG.00e2cd7afb65c695165d0ee238a25439.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

9 hours ago, ynot said:

Nice set of apothecary bottles!

Do they have pontils?

No they do not Tony.