Large Bone in NJ Cretaceous Stream

Nick Fish

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking for a year or so on the forum, and appreciate the members intellect and interaction on this forum. I do a lot of sifting streams, and came upon this bone washed out from the mud bank in what is usually a NJ Cretaceous stream, though I believe there are some Pleistocene? era fossils that are found there from time to time. Any idea what it may be? Interestingly, there were some type of rodent? gnaw bites on it too from what looks like a long time ago. I have a few other images I will upload too. Two other small bones were found alongside it that may or may not be related to it.

Thank you for letting me into your community! I will most definitely be sharing other finds with you all.

Nick

P4283771.JPG

Cool finds! Sorry I can't help with id. 

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Pleistocene or modern... hard to say.  The boig one looks like a cow hunierus (bison?0 and the smaller ones are a ulna and humerus form a much smaller animal.  There are folks here who know their modern/Pleist bones pretty well.  Hopefully they will correct me or agree with me.  

I would go with modern. Pleistocene material is very difficult to come by here and very difficult to identify (the burn test doesn't even work in this location). I would go with cow on the bigger one.

Was there any other insight on the ID of these bones? I appreciate any feedback to help solve this mystery. Thanks.....

Archived