Kimmi91177

South Georgia HELP

Kimmi91177

I just moved to South Georgia, Kairo-Ochlocknee-Thomasville area. I am very new to fossil hunting and I don't have any clue where to go or who to ask, where-if there is-can I go to explore? Any help is GREATLY appreciated 

Fossildude19

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Your best bet would be to join a local club, and find out what is available in your area. 

It's a good way to meet people, and to learn the ropes of Fossil hunting, and get access to field trips in places where individual hunters may not be allowed in. 

Good luck. 
Regards,

Kimmi91177

Thank you so much. 

caldigger

Also look through the threads we have on here under fossil locations for Georgia, you might get lucky and find some threads about places near you.

WhodamanHD

Off the top of my head I know mulberry (haven't been for a while but I think it's a few hours drive) has some fossiliferous formations around it. There is a phosphorous museum and every few months a dump truck pools some matrix that dosent have much phosphorus in front of the museum. They have quite a few fossils in that, shark teeth, ray plates, mammal teeth and such, if your lucky you might get a megalodon.