Ash's Australian Collection Update!

Ash

Well guys and gals, it's been awhile since i did an update but here it is. I am aware it's mostly jaws, but for some reason theyre the most complete bones i tend to find.

Apologies for the pics being blurry, lighting wasnt great.. The rule in all photos is 6"

First up we'll start with the my humble wombat collection.

Pictured is a loose tooth from a Vombatus sp., a partial jaw (or is it upper?) from a Phascalonus gigas and a partial humerus from a P. gigas. The humerus is one of the largest a museum fellow has seen.

34278049642_bea0cb50be_c.jpg

Then on to my only mammalian carnivore, the Tasmania Tiger or Thylacine: Thylacinus Cynocephalus.

34437663325_d2cf260bba_c.jpg

Now to what Australia is known for! Big reptiles!

First up, my Croc jaws. I believe these all to be Pallimnarchus pollens. I'll update this with some pics of scutes, verts and some teeth later.

34052988470_2460efc50a_c.jpg

And @Andy, here you go.

The giant lizard, Megalania prisca (Varanus priscus).

34437661025_4a14b99499_c.jpg

And to finish up, the largest pieces of my collection, the largest marsupial known, Diprotodon optatum:

Ok ok, there is a Zygomaturus trilobus in there (2 to the left of the ruler in first pic) and an Euowenia robusta (directly left in first pic).

The bone is a Diprotodon radius, beside that is a molar and a partial incisor. To the right of that radius on top (all first pic) is a juvenile D. optatum.

34437652275_9e7fa01944_c.jpg

34437646575_dc19be17b3_c.jpg

Thanks for your time,

Cheers,

Troy.

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Really nice finds ! Congrats :wub::fistbump:

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

Great collection Troy!

Love the Thylacine jaw.

and the Diprotodon molars!

Very nice Troy.  Rarely get to see this type of material.  Love that carnivore jaw.  

2 minutes ago, doushantuo said:

What a worthless collection  of junk!!!

:D

Bunch of old cow bones, right? :P

Thanks everyone for the comments :)

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Just to add a little more - these are my only croc verts and scutes.

34306107422_e48cea41b4_c.jpg

34080923580_1ed82a2497_c.jpg

Nice collection of Australian megafauna.

Mike

That's an awesome collection, teeth in the jaw are definitely one of my favorites :fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Should show close ups of the Megalania JAW you have :P

Always neat to see these in person!

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

As you request, m'lovely :wub:

Megalania prisca snout fragment..wish it was complete, would be the find of my lifetime..

32453457352_cdcd17b5e1_c.jpg

31762936374_46e2870791_z.jpg

31794580933_278afee5d8_z.jpg

Awwwwww yes Megalania~

These fossils are to die for!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Archived