Anyone have any information on tectonic activity during the Cambrian Period? I am writing a report on tectonic activity on Earth and am going to use the Cambrian to explain the location of the Burgess Shale and Chengjiang formations. So far I have a good idea of what I am doing, just wanted some input from others.

I'll reference anyone that responds.

Thanks.

Here are a couple of excellent papers.  There are many others listed in the references.

Torsvik, T.H., & Cocks, L.R. . (2013)

New global palaeogeographical reconstructions for the Early Palaeozoic and their generation.

Geological Society London Memoirs, 38:5-24  LINK

Meert, J.G., & Lieberman, B.S. (2004)

A palaeomagnetic and palaeobiogeographical perspective on latest Neoproterozoic and early Cambrian tectonic events.

Journal of the Geological Society, 161:477-487  LINK

• I found this Informative 1

Am guessing that you are already aware that most Cambrian rocks must have been eroded or been subducted by now and that we are only observing a small remnant of what must have been more extensive surface rocks.

• I found this Informative 1
On 5/11/2017 at 10:27 AM, Plax said:

Am guessing that you are already aware that most Cambrian rocks must have been eroded or been subducted by now and that we are only observing a small remnant of what must have been more extensive surface rocks.

Yes, that was part of my report that I covered: I was mainly referring to the Cambrian earth and how it was during that period. Thanks to EMP and Piranha for the advice! Awaiting a grade as I type. ;)