Rebbachisaurus tooth?

Seguidora-de-Isis

Hello! Good Night to everyone who participates in my favorite Forum! I present to you the newest member of my collection... It was discovered in Kem Kem, Morocco. Very good condition, although there are natural cracks in the enamel these do not appear to have been glued or restored. But I do not think it's a Rebbachisaurus tooth... What do you think? Thank you all!

5966756311.png

6148417108.png

2979737708.png

8475102511.png

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Hm it has the shape of a Sauropod tooth however the tip and ridges are throwing me off. Rebbachisaurus teeth tend to be more rounded while your tooth has a pointed tip. Rebbachisaurus is being used by all dealers to describe all Sauropod teeth from the Kem Kem.

Good news is that your tooth isn't a composite. I think @Troodon will be able to help out some more.

• I found this Informative 2

Diplodocid Sauropod teeth from the Kem Kem come in all shapes see my photo.  This can be due to a number of reasons: can be positional differences some without wear,  can be a replacement tooth, see my jaw shown below or may be from different species.  Yet another mystery of the Kem Kem.   This type of tooth like Runner64 indicated are typically sold as Rebbachisaurus but in actuality the holotype had no skull so although the species is described all we know it's a Diplodocid.    So we really know very little of what sauropods existed in the Kem Kem.  We know there is at least one Diplodocid that is described and one Titanosaur that we just know from a few vertebrae..  

Rebach2.thumb.jpg.7100366b7adc4f36259c86edbaf11a0b.jpg

Most likely Titanosaurid Teeth

SaurT1.thumb.jpg.bd122ad7a3481fcb93dfac56f7b6a557.jpg

Here is a photo of a Diplodocus jaw , there are up to 5 rows of replacement teeth, the tips are all slightly different. 

DiploMand1_edited-1.thumb.jpg.f239e7d5b00ae49fbae3777ebee59475.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

Looks Sauropod to me. (I think there are at least three species of sauropod in Kem Kem: a diplocodid, a titanosaur, and something related Nigerasaurus)

• I found this Informative 1

43 minutes ago, Runner64 said:

Hm tem a forma de um dente Sauropod no entanto a ponta e cumes estão me jogando fora. dentes Rebbachisaurus tendem a ser mais arredondado, enquanto seu dente tem uma ponta afiada. Rebbachisaurus está sendo usado por todos os concessionários para descrever todos os dentes saurópodes do Kem Kem.

Boa notícia é que o dente não é um composto. Acho @Troodon  será capaz de ajudar um pouco mais.

Yes, it's not a compound tooth, and it really does have the shape of a Sauropod tooth. I'm thinking that He petence the superfamily Diplodocoidae.  How it was discovered in Kem Kem, everything is just speculation. I think the most correct, is for for a while to call it simply "sauropod not determined". Hugs!

7429556711.png

03.PNG

14 minutes ago, Troodon said:

dentes diplodocid sauropod da Kem Kem de todas as formas ver a minha foto. Isto pode ser devido a uma série de razões: pode haver diferenças posicionais alguns sem desgaste, pode ser um dente de substituição, ver meu queixo mostrado abaixo ou pode ser de diferentes espécies. No entanto, outro mistério do Kem Kem. Este tipo de dente como Runner64 indicados são normalmente vendidos como Rebbachisaurus mas na realidade o holótipo não tinha crânio por isso, embora a espécie é descrita todos nós sabemos que é um diplodocid. Então, nós realmente sabe muito pouco do que saurópodes existia no Kem Kem. Sabemos que há pelo menos um diplodocid que é descrito e um titanossauro que só sabemos de algumas vértebras ..  

Rebach2.thumb.jpg.7100366b7adc4f36259c86edbaf11a0b.jpg

Dentes titanossaurídeos mais provável

SaurT1.thumb.jpg.bd122ad7a3481fcb93dfac56f7b6a557.jpg

Aqui está uma foto de uma mandíbula Diplodocus, há até 5 linhas de dentes de substituição, as dicas são todos um pouco diferente. 

DiploMand1_edited-1.thumb.jpg.f239e7d5b00ae49fbae3777ebee59475.jpg

Yeah, but still this tooth is completely different from yours ... And that makes me wonder... But of course everything will end in simple conjectures, for the very fact is that we can only label, for the time being, as being of a superfamily Diplodocoidae (sauropod not determined)... Hugs my friend Troodon!

9040062111.png

03.PNG