Peat Burns

Complete to the last iota.  What a pleasure to read.

Aluminum oxide!  I am impressed.  I would have automaticly assume that the aluminum oxide would have eaten that little guy for dinner?  Nice job

RB

On 5/6/2017 at 10:22 AM, Peat Burns said:

I used PaleoSculp, but any two part epoxy stuff that you knead together like clay would work (available at hardware store).  After i molded the pedestal and attached the fossil (and before the paleosculp hardened), I moistened the paleosculp and sprinkled powder I made from the matrix on to it so it would match the color and texture.  To get the matrix powder, I rubbed some matrix on coarse sandpaper.

So the powder is only superficial? Do you ever have any issues getting the matrix to stick to the paleosculp?

Just now, Lmshoemaker said:

So the powder is only superficial? Do you ever have any issues getting the matrix to stick to the paleosculp?

I pressed the powder into the paleosculp with my fingers after I rubbed some water on the paleosculp.  So, the powder is superficial, but it is adhered to the paleosculp and not loose or able to be blown or rubbed off.

Just now, Peat Burns said:

I pressed the powder into the paleosculp with my fingers after I rubbed some water on the paleosculp.  So, the powder is superficial, but it is adhered to the paleosculp and not loose or able to be blown or rubbed off.

Thanks, I've got some paleosculp for just this purpose, but wasn't really sure of the best way to integrate powdered matrix into the mix. Thanks for the information.

Archived