Tons of Bone Valley Matrix!

joshuajbelanger

Hey everyone, I've just got back from collecting a ton(literally) of bone valley matrix.  The fossils in this matrix will be really colorful and not your typical peace river black.  I'm open for anything!  You guys don't even have to tell me what your sending, I'll pack a small/medium/large flat rate box(your choice) and ship it out to you.  I've already spotted a couple of small megs on the outside of these chunks.  Any takers? 

RenderedContent-B3BD6127-C40B-4C5F-B43D-3A7E07EF42D4.JPG

RenderedContent-9DB84F56-C32C-4648-9252-62B264851C93.JPG

RenderedContent-5439B01C-6C11-431C-8B8C-A835A163796D.JPG

18 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

'I'll pack a small/medium/large flat rate box(your choice)'

The ton @Darktooth:P

Exactly! 

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

This matrix isn't too tightly packed.  A couple strikes with a hammer and it should be about broken up.  Pliocene, Miocene, and Pleistocene.  A lot of shark, ray, turtle, etc...your typical peace river fossils.

1 hour ago, joshuajbelanger said:

This matrix isn't too tightly packed.  A couple strikes with a hammer and it should be about broken up.  Pliocene, Miocene, and Pleistocene.  A lot of shark, ray, turtle, etc...your typical peace river fossils.

Interesting....:drool:

I've gotten plenty of requests, and now I'm gonna have to put it in hold for a minute.  Let me mail out the current orders, and see what I have left.  I'll let you guys know.

-J

Here's a preview, just broke open a piece of the matrix. :)  

i wanted to do a bit of qaulity control, didn't want to be sending out this matrix to everyone blind.  I think everyone will be pleased.  As it is raw matrix, I cannot promise anything, but, the bundle I broke open contained countless microfossils, as well as the picture I'm posting.

cheers

IMG_2588.JPG

Just a heads up on why I've received so far from my Bone Valley matrix.  

Some amazing fossils from @caldigger and who can forget my magic cube from @aerogrower. No more quarters for scale!

thanks guys!  Hope you are finding something in your matrix.

IMG_2711.JPG

Nice! Glad to see that some trades worked out well for all involved.

Now you can use that cube to show the scale of the quarters in your photos. :P

Cheers.

-Ken

14 hours ago, joshuajbelanger said:

Just a heads up on why I've received so far from my Bone Valley matrix.  

Some amazing fossils from @caldigger and who can forget my magic cube from @aerogrower. No more quarters for scale!

thanks guys!  Hope you are finding something in your matrix.

IMG_2711.JPG

Wow really great!

1 hour ago, digit said:

Nice! Glad to see that some trades worked out well for all involved.

Now you can use that cube to show the scale of the quarters in your photos. :P

Cheers.

-Ken

I hope the trade worked out for everyone :popcorn::mellow:

8 minutes ago, joshuajbelanger said:

I hope the trade worked out for everyone :popcorn::mellow:

I thinks so :dinosmile:

So the plan for today was to come home after work, check on the kids, to m ake sure they got off the bus ok, grab packages for FossilDudeCo and joshua belanger and take them to the post .  And there it is sitting at my doorstep,a rather good size package from jb! So of course I had to take a quick peek I mean geez, the package was bulging at the seams! Joshua, you sir, are a great man! I had no idea you were going to send that much stuff. I had to contain my excitement to make it to the post office but I have to tell you that I only sent out blakes package because after seeing all that you sent,I knew, without even looking through it that I wanted to throw in extra. So your package will go out tomorrow for sure. So after I got backfrom the post office, got the kids doing homework, re-did up jb's package ,fixed dinner, I decided to start looking through things. First are some pics of the contents. There were two chunks of matrix. One was limestone, the other a kind of sandy mud mixture. There was also a bag of what I think is river bottom and a bag ot sharkteeth and rayplates. I decided to go for the gusto and break-up the limestone after a couple whacks I started pulling apart the loose chunks. I see a decent blade sticking out! At first I thought mako but upon closer look it was a decent size snaggle tooth lower. I got the blood flowing. Then a couple more whacks and then a see it, a meg! It is about 2 1/4 inches. It is not perfect but hey it's a meg! I haven't even barely looked through it yet. Joshua, Thank-you so much for sharing this with me. I hope you will be as happy with what I am sending you! I will keep you posted as I continue to search this stuff. @joshuajbelanger you Rock sir!

20170515_165133.jpg

20170515_165143.jpg

20170515_165147.jpg

20170515_165151.jpg

20170515_172025.jpg

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

By the way, I hope you realize what you started. Everyone is going to be begging you for it!:P

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

Yay!!!!  I'm glad you found something!  It's always a gamble, but, how I see it...this matrix is like going into the past a 100 years ago, and shoveling untouched peace river matrix into your sifter; before it had been hunted to death.  I was planning to go hunting tomorrow, but I may head out and collect more matrix.

-J

This is definately cool matrix and not just because I found a meg! (Though it helps):P That one chunk of matrix broke up into plenty of material to keep me occupied searching for micros for awhile. Here is the meg and hemi cleaned up a bit.

20170515_200543.jpg

20170515_200607.jpg

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

Also here is the shark and ray teeth from the bag. I realized when I dumped them out that these were morocco teeth and some cool ones at that! 

20170515_200635.jpg

20170515_200700.jpg

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

Nope not Moroccan actually.  These are straight from the phosphate mines of Florida.

Oh wow I didn't realize they were from florida. The colors look similar so I just assumed. Cool!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

@joshuajbelanger package is sent and should be there thursday! I decided to soak the matrix in water today, to help break it down and clean it up a little. I put it in a five gallon bucket, let the water loosen up the chunks, and proceeded to break up the chunks with my hands. I managed to find a decent lemon shark along with some other tiny shark teeth. Also a couple pieces of bone, a couple shards of mammal tooth, And ray plates. I noticed that some of these fossils appear water worn and beat up. Is this what one would call reworked material?

20170516_201400.jpg

20170516_201331.jpg

20170516_201304.jpg

20170516_201247.jpg

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

2 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

@joshuajbelanger package is sent and should be there thursday! I decided to soak the matrix in water today, to help break it down and clean it up a little. I put it in a five gallon bucket, let the water loosen up the chunks, and proceeded to break up the chunks with my hands. I managed to find a decent lemon shark along with some other tiny shark teeth. Also a couple pieces of bone, a couple shards of mammal tooth, And ray plates. I noticed that some of these fossils appear water worn and beat up. Is this what one would call reworked material?

20170516_201400.jpg

20170516_201331.jpg

20170516_201304.jpg

20170516_201247.jpg

Cool finds!

Archived