Rappahannock River creek shark teeth hunting

Rowboater

Working in Singapore the last six months, I was eager to look for teeth in my favorite places.  Unfortunately, the best holes had silted in with sand and black decaying leaves and it took a lot of digging and screening.  Didn't find anything spectacular, just lots of small teeth.  One might be a sand shark symphyseal, small with a large almost rectangular root.  Also a squirrel/rat tooth but not black and shiny like the shark teeth (put pictures under ID help).  A start anyway.  

IMG-20170506-WA0002.jpg

5-6-17-shark_teeth.jpg

Nice finds!:)

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Very cool finds on the Rapp! Only went there once and didn't find that much. It kills me to head out to the Potomac and have to drive over Muddy Creek after seeing what it used to put out before it was developed.

Rob :D

Rob, Know exactly what you mean.  Used to go to a small beach full of shark's teeth on the Piankatank, but the bank started eroding fast (possibly helped by collectors digging) and the own covered the whole are with riprap to stabilize his property.  Things change and you have to find new holes or dig and sift (which gets to be work!)