New #1 In My Collection

svillej

Back in April my good friend and hunting buddy, Sharkdentist, gave me a tooth. Nothing new about that except this tooth was special. A 5 1/2" bone white pathological Meg. I only have a handfull of restored teeth, but this one had to be done. I sent it to Kelly Kennedy to work his magic. A little root work and enamel repair and it turned out perfect. About 25% of the tooth is new.

The brown tooth has sentimental value because it was the first Meg I found. I was lying on the bottom of the creek begging to be picked up. After years of looking I couldn't believe it was that easy. All it needed was a little root repair and polishing. It measures 5 1/4".

Thanks again Sharkdentist for the great gift and Kelly for your good work. www.kennedyrestorations.com

post-1272-1246494776_thumb.jpg

post-1272-1246494790_thumb.jpg

post-1272-1246494802_thumb.jpg

post-1272-1246494830_thumb.jpg

post-1272-1246495039_thumb.jpg

What an odd pathology!

Both those teeth are droolyboys :drool:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

well,well,well that tooth turned out awesome can I have it back lol just j/k that is a nice tooth the color is awesome he did a good job.

svillej..... Very beautiful teeth....I love the light coloured ones, they look like they dropped out yesterday..... have you got a photo of the light coloured one before the restoration to compare.... Ive scrutinised it and I cant see it .... hes done a top job!......

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

svillej..... Very beautiful teeth....I love the light coloured ones, they look like they dropped out yesterday..... have you got a photo of the light coloured one before the restoration to compare.... Ive scrutinised it and I cant see it .... hes done a top job!......

Terry--I think there are some in progress pics that Kelly sent on my home computer. I'll check tonight.

That's an awesome deformity! I can't see the repair either. The color is outstanding!

Nice tooth! Great restoration! Please post a before & after photo if possible.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Nice tooth! Great restoration! Please post a before & after photo if possible.

Terry and Mike, the only picture I have is one of the brown one. I deleted my in progress pics from Kelly. I hope he saved them .

post-1272-1246878018_thumb.jpg

svillej.... Thanks for looking.... I would like to see them if he still has them.... it is 'Top Work'....

svillej.... Thanks for looking.... I would like to see them if he still has them.... it is 'Top Work'....

Terry I have a pic here of the tooth before the restro check it out its the tooth on the right

post-1253-1246902532_thumb.jpg

DANG J that tooth came out really nice! I remember seeing this thing in person, as I recall it was when SD gave it to you. I was drooling then and I am drooling now!

I need to get Kelly to work on a really nice meg I found at the golf course that is missing the root ends, otherwise it is a nice tooth.

Can you send my an email with Kelly's contact info?

Will be seeing you next month.

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Terry I have a pic here of the tooth before the restro check it out its the tooth on the right

You bailed me out again, thanks.

sharkdentist..... Unreal!....... what a superb job he has done of that tooth..... I have a 6 1/2" Chile in matrix that had the tip repaired out in Chile and some enamel in the centre stuck down.... If I could trust the postal service from the UK to there and back or thought I could even replace the fossil if it went missing, I would send it him for sure to reprep....He's done a fabulous job... A++++.... Thanks....

sharkdentist..... Unreal!....... what a superb job he has done of that tooth..... I have a 6 1/2" Chile in matrix that had the tip repaired out in Chile and some enamel in the centre stuck down.... If I could trust the postal service from the UK to there and back or thought I could even replace the fossil if it went missing, I would send it him for sure to reprep....He's done a fabulous job... A++++.... Thanks....

Terry he is the best works wonders

Terry, here are the pics of the restoration. I'll add more pictures after I resize them.

meg1.bmp

meg5.bmp

Archived