Can I or another Forumer start a gift exchange?

Fossilian

Hey guys, 

I've been reading the past Secret Santa gift exchanges. I think it's quite interesting as you really don't know what you get. 

I was wondering if I or other forumers can have the blessings of Moderators and members to organize another random trading event for TFF!

Thanks, please comment down below what you think.

Well a few things: moderators will likely say as they did to us that if you organize it, and it follows the rules, it's fair game. But we do also have a trade post set up for surprise trades (which I will edit in) 

I must also warn, things like secret santa are rather difficult to organize, it is a lot of PM's and keeping track of things 

i personally would recommend keeping things to one on one blind trades, but if you would like to have a gift exchange and can find participants I may be able to aid in its organization depending on when it occurs

• I found this Informative 4

Fossillan, I beat ya to it!  Take a look at the thread, it sounds exactly like what you are proposing.  Open to anyone willing to take that leap of faith and do a trade with that eliment of surprise not knowing what will be coming.  

The only difference in my trade proposition and yours is, you know who you are trading with. In the "Secret Santa" game you do not know where it will be coming from. That takes a tremendous amount of time and organization from the administrator of the game to put together and keep straight. (My hat off to Ionrocks and Raptorlover for putting the whole SS thing together!)

If you are daring, you can always join in on my Blind Trade(c) game.

Sincerly,

caldigger

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

44 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Fossillan, I beat ya to it!  Take a look at the thread, it sounds exactly like what you are proposing.  Open to anyone willing to take that leap of faith and do a trade with that eliment of surprise not knowing what will be coming.  

The only difference in my trade proposition and yours is, you know who you are trading with. In the "Secret Santa" game you do not know where it will be coming from. That takes a tremendous amount of time and organization from the administrator of the game to put together and keep straight. (My hat off to Ionrocks and Raptorlover for putting the whole SS thing together!)

If you are daring, you can always join in on my Blind Trade(c) game.

Sincerly,

caldigger

Alright, I'll be sure to try it out in a bit when I get enough fossils. 

I will say I've done a lot of blind trades on TFF and the generosity of members on here can be overwhelming at times lol. I have an entire display at the house that's all traded items and it's currently over capacity :D 

• I found this Informative 1

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!