Opinions on Nautiloids and Goniatites

Just looking to hear some opinions on the following pictures for a piece I was looking to buy. Thank you in advance for input!

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Absolutely beautiful!

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

This is a fantastic piece. The fossils are real and don't appear to have been cemented together by humans. Also note that the fossils have imperfections; some are fractured or broken. You see small parts of fossils beneath. These are good signs and show that the placement of the fossils were made by Mother Nature not by a human. A human creating a fake piece tends to arrange each fossil in an artistic manner and pose each fossil to show its best side.

Buy it if you get a good price.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

I see no red flags. Looks real and natural to me.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thank you for all the feedback! Also looking at another piece, let me know what you think, it seems like this one may have been prepared in some fashion, but I'm not entirely sure.

The description:

Top Multiple Ammonites on matrix

Name:   Leioceras + Ludwigia + Lytoceras

well prepared natural stand
natural colors

an excellent piece for collection and studies

FullSizeRender-7.jpg

FullSizeRender-8.jpg

FullSizeRender-9.jpg

FullSizeRender-10.jpg

This block is also quite alright, although I don't think that the ids are all correct. Of course it's been prepped. Most fossils which are offered have been.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Archived