Just now, Wrangellian said:

I understand... but it's too bad you left things like sponges, you don't see them as often as the trilos and they are harder to acquire.

Well I have some sponges from 5 years ago around the same site. Yeah I should have kept the ones I noticed on Monday. I could have donated them to my university. Welp... live and learn... :wacko:

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Just now, piranha said:

Actually there were blind proetid and phacopid trilobites up until the late Devonian.  

The last trilobites (Proetida) of the Carboniferous-Permian all had holochroal eyes.

I'll have to tease Rob and let him know about that. Thanks... :D

Well at least you have some already. I'm trying to find things other than Elrathia from Utah but I've had to buy a (partial) Chancelloria, a Margaretia and a Selkirkia tube - much harder to get than the Elrathias, and I don't know if that's because they're much rarer or because people are only after the trilos when they dig there....

1 minute ago, Wrangellian said:

Well at least you have some already. I'm trying to find things other than Elrathia from Utah but I've had to buy a (partial) Chancelloria, a Margaretia and a Selkirkia tube - much harder to get than the Elrathias, and I don't know if that's because they're much rarer or because people are only after the trilos when they dig there....

Probably a combination of both! Some years ago my geology professor brought me to some sites full of sponges and stromatolites. You just have to know where to look. Once I get all my stuff sorted away I'll send some pictures your way.

Please do. I've only ever seen Chancellorias and Sponges a couple times here on TFF. (I guess I've seen them elsewhere online too.)

Lots of great photos. I hope you didn't split all of the shale there. I'm going out in six weeks to look for some of my own trilobites. :trilo:

@Cluros you might as well turn around and head back because I split all the good pieces of shale. :muahaha:

Archived