Megalodon Tooth - REAL OR FAKE!?

I'm not sure if the tooth is real or fake, but the website claims to have authenticity in all their products. I just want to make sure. Please help and tell me how you can tell if it's legitimate or not! Thanks. 

43035-24.jpg          43035-25.jpg       43035-26.jpg

They all look very real to me, I wouldn't be afraid to buy any of them. Good luck:)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Thank you! How much do Megalodon teeth that are 5 inches usually go- as in a reasonable price.

that is an EXTREMELY reputable site.

However I personally feel their prices ride the high sides on things

Yeah, but I'd definitely pay hundreds for one. I mean they're a piece of the past and from MILLIONS of years ago, it's so cool! When you hold one it's like you have chunk of an extinct beast with you and it's a great feeling.

Yes .. search around you can get teeth approximately the same size with great quality for less .... you just have to do some footwork.  Research before you buy and compare prices with size vs quality of serrations/color/enamel imperfections etc ...

Cheers,

Brett

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

Please do not post links to sellers websites. ;) 

It's best to just post the pictures here. 

Thanks for your cooperation. 

Welcome again.

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Shop around before you buy.  In the world of megalodon teeth, this one is below-average.  Serrations are almost gone, enamel is dull, and the root is very worn.  If it's a big five-incher, like 5 3/4", then yeah, maybe. But if it's right at 5", you might consider waiting.

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

On 5/11/2017 at 6:48 PM, Potatoes said:

Thank you! How much do Megalodon teeth that are 5 inches usually go- as in a reasonable price.

Anywhere from $150-$300. I found mine a 5.25 inch tooth and talked the diver down to $65 on Ebay. I bought mine during Christmas and that's the time to do it because the market is over-saturated. Everyone is buying so the sellers want to sell, sell, and sell!

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

On 5/12/2017 at 9:41 PM, mrieder79 said:

Shop around before you buy.  In the world of megalodon teeth, this one is below-average.  Serrations are almost gone, enamel is dull, and the root is very worn.  If it's a big five-incher, like 5 3/4", then yeah, maybe. But if it's right at 5", you might consider waiting.

I bought mine from a diver so it was already fairly worn down but has a nice color and dimension to it. I like the fact that it's duller than a land extracted Meg, so my young daughter and wife won't slice their fingers when touching it. :wacko:

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Archived