wahlberg

My Woolly Rhinoceros collection. 

New to this forum but I think I'm making a start with my collection of Woolly Rhino bones.
More items from my collections will follow, also different kind of fossils.

I still working on my collection inventory to photograph and Categorize.

Here are some photos of bones I own. They come from the North Sea.

5915f1cdafbd0_CoelodontaAntiquitatis-Radius.thumb.jpg.f3a966e32a73555301cc690af933d355.jpg

Coelodonta_antiquitatis-Ulna.thumb.jpg.ea147f0a0e0aaffa70d71b493fdbd2ef.jpg

5915f212a17ff_CoelodontaAntiquitatis-pelvis.thumb.jpg.ddb54a89db2577fade8bbfe62e03e1b0.jpg

5915f223d54fc_coelodontaradius-ulna.thumb.jpg.503b38db32dac043f813786fec103691.jpg

5915f24b70c7c_Coelodonta_antiquitatis-Eersterechtervoorpootsmetapode-1.jpg.34afaf0d627c905c2930bd93feca5ddf.jpg

5915f256ae834_Coelodonta_antiquitatis-Derdelinkervoorpootsmetapode-1.jpg.e2a663d608af115ff3e8b2aaca94ab60.jpg

Welcome to The Fossil Forum!  Looks like you're putting together quite a collection!  Who knows?  Eventually you might amass enough specimens to build one yourself!

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

Welcome to the forums!

Those are some cool fossils, and your photos are professionally-done. Very nice!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thnxs. it took me some time to think how all fossils needed to be photographed in the way I had in mind. 

As a fellow woolly rhino collector, those are some really nice looking bones.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Whoa, those bones are incredible! And they're putting my rhino molar from the Zandmotor to shame :(

image.thumb.jpeg.fd0c550559959307c3289451923e5b4c.jpeg

Did you find those bones yourself, or did you purchase them?

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

11 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

Whoa, those bones are incredible! And they're putting my rhino molar from the Zandmotor to shame :(

image.thumb.jpeg.fd0c550559959307c3289451923e5b4c.jpeg

Did you find those bones yourself, or did you purchase them?

Hey, thats a nice rhino molar. well i think especially to find something on such a large surface as the Zandmotor its a great find! 
Do you come on the Zandmotor more often? 

These bones i bought are from "older" collections or Fishermen who found these a will ago. 

On 5/13/2017 at 10:57 PM, LordTrilobite said:

As a fellow woolly rhino collector, those are some really nice looking bones.

I saw your collection and I was very impressed by it. they are awesome especially to find all the Vertebrae. nice collection!

8 minutes ago, wahlberg said:

Hey, thats a nice rhino molar. well i think especially to find something on such a large surface as the Zandmotor its a great find! 
Do you come on the Zandmotor more often? 

These bones i bought are from "older" collections or Fishermen who found these a will ago. 

I don't go to the Zandmotor often though (like maybe once every two months or so), but I do really like it there.

But if you love woolly rhino fossils, maybe you should try your luck too on the Zandmotor: it's not for nothing that it's called the "rhino-paradise"!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

24 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

I don't go to the Zandmotor often though (like maybe once every two months or so), but I do really like it there.

But if you love woolly rhino fossils, maybe you should try your luck too on the Zandmotor: it's not for nothing that it's called the "rhino-paradise"!

i was 2 time at the Zandmotor this year, and found some bone fragments and a partly jaw with a tooth in it. (sorry no picture at this moment to share) 
i was planning to go to the Zandmotor very soon.
where on the Zandmotor did you found that molar? the bone fragments i found was mostly on the "small cliffs" near the shoreline,  and (i think a partly tusk) in the muddy part in the North. 

7 hours ago, wahlberg said:

i was 2 time at the Zandmotor this year, and found some bone fragments and a partly jaw with a tooth in it. (sorry no picture at this moment to share) 
i was planning to go to the Zandmotor very soon.
where on the Zandmotor did you found that molar? the bone fragments i found was mostly on the "small cliffs" near the shoreline,  and (i think a partly tusk) in the muddy part in the North. 

Cool! can't wait for the pic of the partial jaw! 

I actually found the molar between Kijkduin and the Zandmotor, near the "river", if you see what I mean.

But a friend of mine that often hunts on the Zandmotor finds most of his rhino material in the shell beds near the small tower in the middle of the Zandmotor.

Max Derème

Excellent presentation! Congrats! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Small update of bones in my collection, a partial right Femur and a partial Pelvis.

These bones have been added to my collection a while ago, but now only had time to photograph them.

Coelodonta-Antiquitatis---Femur-(partial)-1000_width.jpg

Coelodonta-antiquitatis---Pelvis-1000width.jpg

Photos are really good, how do you get the white background, do you photoshop the background out?

Never ask a starfish for directions

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 3:05 PM, Brittle Star said:

Photos are really good, how do you get the white background, do you photoshop the background out?

I photograph the bones on a white background. then I mask them in photoshop so I have only the bones.  

I want with every bone that it has the same camera/lens settings and lights so it stays the same. hopefully this answers your question.

Archived