Help ID - possible coral?

Limestone

Picture I took while hunting, left the fossil because I did not have the right tools. 

Limestone  - Middle Tertiary through Cretaceous 

also wanted to share a picture of an eerie rock formation, looks just like the profile of a person :o

really caught my eye

thanks for your help! 

IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1874 (1).JPG

1st pic looks like coral.

2nd looks like fossilized alien.:P

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

hat's definitely a fossil coral, couldn't tell you what type though. I can tell however it is probably of the subclass Hexazorallia, which is quite a broad group of creatures. I am, however, admittedly not an expert on the subject, in fact I'm not even sure I qualify as an amatuer. Finding out the formation and finding what organisms are present as well as a more exact age would help in IDing it.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Sorry about the typo, I meant to say Hexacorallia.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Nice fossil!

I agree and I would add that the specimen in the photos  is a scleractinian (scleractinia) colonial or hermatypic (reef builder) coral.

Regards,

Is there a locality? Looks quite young, like Neogene. Scleractinia: probably Orbicella (= Montastrea).