One of my sons early prep jobs

RJB

I went up to my other property today just to go through some fossil stuff and bring back home.  While there I ran into this little gem I got in a big box from some fossil dealer way back when.  This comes from the shark tooth hill place.  A cow shark tooth stuck onto a vertabre.   I let my youngest son prep this out when he was about 10 years old.  Today I took some Glyptal and soaked the tooth and the surrounding area with it.  part of the root was EXSTREAMLY fragile and starting to fall apart.  Even when I was applying the glue, even more came off!!!  it was that fragile.  I should have stable ized it years ago, but at least now it is much better.  Just gave it to my son today.  He was quite happy.

RB

DSCN0964.JPG

Very cool! Love the colors!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Passing the skills to the next generation !!! -- SWEET

and by the way Nice tooth.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Thanks guys.  To me, its just a sharks tooth.  My son really does like the teeth much more than i do, like most folks.  He was also taking a gander at a bunch of sharks teeth I still have in a portable display case.  I told him to pick out any one he wanted.  He looked through them very carefully and brought over two teeth to the light to examine them better.  I told him to take both.   So he went home with 3 fossil teeth and one vert. 

RB

Archived