is this sauropod tooth restored?

Wowbnjijdat

On a auction website I found this tooth, and I am really curious about, is the tooth restored? The seller says it is al natural, and that behind the matrix even are a few pieces from another tooth.

And what is such a tooth worth? 

It is really a dream for me to poses a tooth of my favourite dinosaurs, the sauropods :)

Kind regards,

JK

$_57-9.JPG

$_57-3.JPG

$_57-5.JPG

$_57-2.JPG

$_57-7.JPG

$_57-8.JPG

$_57-10.JPG

$_57-12.JPG

$_57-4.JPG

$_57-6.JPG

$_57-11.JPG

$_57.JPG

One of our tooth-experts should be along at some point to give you an indication if it has been restored.

With respect to its value, as per forum rules, we don't provide commercial appraisal value. :)

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Where is the tooth from?  Nice tooth.

Nothing jumps out that it's been restored but having said that small repairs like crack fills that are not apparent in the photos are possible.  Photo's  don't tell the entire story you really need to hold it.  The only suspect area is in the center of the crown in your last photo see my photo but I think its okay .   I suggest going back to the supplier and ask him what's been done.  Sauropod teeth are pretty robust and few need to be restored. 

591c39ccdc4ce__57.thumb.JPG.56a62d2bd8ed3e3e27df71c346df95e8.jpg.3ef9e677b5b8e38de4b6362c9ed3ea02.jpg

4 hours ago, Troodon said:

Where is the tooth from?  Nice tooth.

One of the tags says Madagaskar.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

30 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

One of the tags says Madagaskar.

Always forget to look at the tags, thanks 

Archived