May 2017 Finds of the Month

Fossildude19

Just now, Darktooth said:

Fossil-Hound comes out swinging!

That's right! :muahaha:

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

:PMy Dipleura will eat your trilo for breakfast.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

50 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

:PMy Dipleura will eat your trilo for breakfast.

:rofl:

I really hesitated to do this; but Jarrod made 2 entries and Jeff has 2 pieces in his entry. So, I decided that 2 must be a lucky number. I found this tapir jaw on Saturday, May 20 in pleistocene gravel of the Brazos River in SE Texas. May has been a really nice month!

tapirinsitu.jpg

tapir.jpg

tapir2.jpg

tapir3.jpg

You guys must not have any confidence in your first entry, if you have to add a second.:P

44 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

You guys must not have any confidence in your first entry, if you have to add a second.:P

Them's fightin' words!

I'm a lover not a fighter. (I just love pointing out the obvious!):D

All the pieces in this contest are stunners but I think like Dave, you're likely just watering down the chance for either piece to win.... with that being said I'd be happy to find any of them and will be happy to take any "losers" and give them a good home:)lol

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

13 hours ago, Darktooth said:

Reminds me of those Captain Obvious commercials. :rofl: 

On 5/26/2017 at 8:36 AM, jcbshark said:

All the pieces in this contest are stunners but I think like Dave, you're likely just watering down the chance for either piece to win.... with that being said I'd be happy to find any of them and will be happy to take any "losers" and give them a good home:)lol

That's why I was hesitant to post the second item, but it was too nice to leave it out. 

In the future we should include a rule that the winner gets to keep all of the losing entries as a prize!:D Now wouldnt that be something special!

1 minute ago, Darktooth said:

In the future we should include a rule that the winner gets to keep all of the losing entries as a prize!:D Now wouldnt that be something special!

Ha ha... Only if you offer to do security when the sundry come with their pitchforks and torches :D

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

3 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

You'll never get my Bella! :angry:

6 hours ago, Kane said:

Ha ha... Only if you offer to do security when the sundry come with their pitchforks and torches :D

Lol- Good thing my Gabriceraurus mifflinensis  didnt make it to prepper in time for may. Id have a linch mob at my door..lol

...I'm back.

Just now, Raggedy Man said:

Lol- Good thing my Gabriceraurus mifflinensis  didnt make it to prepper in time for may. Id have a linch mob at my door..lol

You just hand that over to me for safekeeping... from the mobs, that's right. :P That was a lovely find, by the way. :dinothumb:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Palaega danicus 

Danien (cerithium chalk), tertiary

Sangstrup, Denmark

Discovered: May 27th, 2017

Thought I would mix it up a bit, I'm definitely voting on some of the other finds that are pretty outstanding to be honest

DSC_0875 (2) Palaega danica      70x32mm resized.jpg

DSC_0877 (2) Palaega danica resized.jpg

Okay, I hope I'm doing this right...my first time ever since I joined back in 2011... May finds of the month are Carboniferous ferns (mariopters and sphenopteris?) from the Pottsville group in Central Alabama... incredibly detailed preservation. Also adding a small section of a Arthropleura Amata with fern fronds scattered about found in the same strata.

Fern1.thumb.jpg.37dc8ca07e6e71645c2b2f114433f4db.jpgFern2.thumb.jpg.668d308189ac6268836d6ac6687619a6.jpgFern3.thumb.jpg.8e86b4595e1ee8a104ceafc7bd95a31e.jpgArthropleura.thumb.jpg.99c2bd287f09f8c5f1855dffe4897110.jpg

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!

If history repeats itself, I'm SO getting a dinosaur. ~unknown

www.rockinric81.wixsite.com/fossils

12 minutes ago, Rockin' Ric said:

Okay, I hope I'm doing this right...my first time ever since I joined back in 2011... May finds of the month are Carboniferous ferns (mariopters and sphenopteris?) from the Pottsville group in Central Alabama... incredibly detailed preservation. Also adding a small section of a Arthropleura Amata with fern fronds scattered about found in the same strata.

Ric, 

You should enter the different items separately if you want to enter them all.  Keep in mind, that will split votes for your items. 

Also, please follow the format of the other entries: Here is a link to the rules for the contest.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Mariopteris Fern Fronds

Pottsville Group Early Pennsylvanian: Westphalian A

Central Alabama

Found: Thursday May 18, 2017

20170516_012355.jpg

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!

If history repeats itself, I'm SO getting a dinosaur. ~unknown

www.rockinric81.wixsite.com/fossils

Archived