1" cube things with letters on them

JohnBrewer

Okay guys

i see cubic 1" measurement things breeding on this forum. 

A Where do you guys get them?

B Can you get them in cm blocks as well?

thanks!

John

@aerogrower makes them, I believe :) Been thinking of getting one myself but unsure if he sells them.

• I found this Informative 1

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

1492216754542420704225.thumb.jpg.740f2ecae9498b77022218adfb89650b.jpg.406731a3dfa571f5659f4ccf350430c1.jpg@JohnBrewer like this? :D

Right now this is one of a kind, but I may make more as many people have asked. The small slash above the T is to denote 1 cm. 

• I found this Informative 3

@JohnBrewer @Jesuslover340

The 6 sides are labeled:

T (top)

B (bottom)

N (north)

S (south)

E (east)

W (west)

They are design to be used as an orientation cube as well as a size cube. As you turn the fossil you turn the cube accordingly, that way everyone knows what side of the fossil they are seeing. Also works for in situ pictures if you want to record direction in which fossil was found in relation to magnetic north, if that makes sense.

• I found this Informative 8

They're very nice and thanks for explaining the letters.... i was wondering lol:D

• I found this Informative 2

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

8 minutes ago, aerogrower said:

The 6 sides are labeled:

T (top)

B (bottom)

N (north)

S (south)

E (east)

W (west)

They are design to be used as an orientation cube as well as a size cube. As you turn the fossil you turn the cube accordingly, that way everyone knows what side of the fossil they are seeing. Also works for in situ pictures if you want to record direction in which fossil was found in relation to magnetic north, if that makes sense.

Things like this that are the reason the word "nifty" exists

56 minutes ago, aerogrower said:

The 6 sides are labeled:

T (top)

B (bottom)

N (north)

S (south)

E (east)

W (west)

I was wondering what the letters were for!!!!!  Lol, I'm a snarging idiot!

ps, I saved the forum some resources and actually wrote the word "snarging"

:rofl:

I have a 2yr old granddaughter and "snarge" has already become my new standby when she's around :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:.

10 hours ago, aerogrower said:

The 6 sides are labeled:

T (top)

B (bottom)

N (north)

S (south)

E (east)

W (west)

I'm still amazed at @aerogrower's talent AND the machines / tools he has at home. He makes these things out of scrap aluminium bar stock, in his spare time. To say I'm a fan of his talent and finished product is an understatement. They are so handy and "field" friendly.

Anybody going to the Aurora Fossil Festival on Memorial Day weekend can drop by our display booth at the Community Building and see one of the cubes first hand.

Cheers

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

1 hour ago, SailingAlongToo said:

I'm still amazed at @aerogrower's talent AND the machines / tools he has at home. He makes these things out of scrap aluminium bar stock, in his spare time. To say I'm a fan of his talent and finished product is an understatement. They are so handy and "field" friendly.

Anybody going to the Aurora Fossil Festival on Memorial Day weekend can drop by our display booth at the Community Building and see one of the cubes first hand.

Cheers

@SailingAlongToo @FossilDudeCO your commission checks are in the mail :rofl:

• I found this Informative 1

17 hours ago, aerogrower said:

The 6 sides are labeled:

T (top)

B (bottom)

N (north)

S (south)

E (east)

W (west)

Now that's a COOL design idea I would NEVER have thought of. Is the 2cm one for sale or trade @aerogrower

5 hours ago, aerogrower said:

@SailingAlongToo @FossilDudeCO your commission checks are in the mail :rofl:

:fistbump:   :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Don't know much biology

2 minutes ago, TNCollector said:

I would buy a metric one!

Yeah, there are multiple people waiting on the metric version.

Don't know much biology