Multi Echinoid rock

RJB

Today I brought home a bunch of unprepped echinoid materail that I use to find at Scotia Bluffs in Northern California.  This rock here looks a bit ugly at the moment, but there are several echy's in this rock and the color on these is a bit rare and should prep out quite nicely?  Im going to try and get this one done before I leave on my next fossil hunting trip, next week.  I really do like this rock,  Its got some really good potential.

RB

DSCN1010.JPG

Ok, this rock isnt turning out the way I would have liked!  I worked on 3 of them and have now givin up.  Im just going to put this back into a box and forget about it.  Sorry folks.

RB

DSCN1017.JPG

I like the look. Do you polish these?

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

Hey Innocentx,   No polish, just got them wet so folks can see them.  The rock is covered in dust. 

RB

Well you can send it to me if you think it's a failure.. (I know, that joke hasn't been used before)

Like to see it without the wet..

What are the little white things.. small bivalves?

Hey Wrangelian,, yes, those are little bivalves.  I use to know the names of those, but forgot years ago.  I will sell this if you want?  The bad thing is,, its heavy and expensive to ship to Canada.

RB

I know, your pay plus exchange rate plus shipping make it not worthwhile... I'm sure there will be others in the States clamoring for it if you want to get rid of it.

Hey Ptychodus:  Beside the ugly blotchyness, just about all of these have issues with completeness. 

RB

Just the way it goes.  Not everything turns out.   If yall knew how much time i waist on starting a fossil prep job just to put it aside,,,,,, you would Gasp in HORROR!!!   :rofl:

RB

• I found this Informative 1

8 hours ago, RJB said:

Just the way it goes.  Not everything turns out.   If yall knew how much time i waist on starting a fossil prep job just to put it aside,,,,,, you would Gasp in HORROR!!!   :rofl:

RB

I wouldn't because I've done my share of wasting time doing the same. Although, from the looks of your prep table, you've done more than me!

Ha,, thats funny Kris, Im sure its in the 1000's of hours over the years. 

RB