Where is your favorite fossil hunting site?

Fossilian

3 hours ago, Fossilian said:

What is your most favorite site to hunt fossils?

Where is it and why?

Wutachtal. 'Cause it's close by. Where's yours and why?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Bracklesham,tranquil,picturesque,micro climate,not too far,safe,Billy's On The Beach cafe serving fresh local produce,surfers and kite surfers to watch and photograph when weather right,Spitfires and other vintage aircraft overhead at times (nothing to beat the sound of the Rolls Royce engine),water fowl nature reserve,moving sand banks and pyrite beds breaking up regularly.

AND MOST OF THE TIME IT'S ONLY ME!!!! YIPEEE!!            

5 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Wutachtal. 'Cause it's close by. Where's yours and why?

Not too sure. Later in my fossil hunting career I can come back to this question.

3 hours ago, Yvie said:

Spitfires and other vintage aircraft overhead at times (nothing to beat the sound of the Rolls Royce engine     

Now that is a spot I would love to collect because one of my favorite's is the Spitfires and there isn't anything like the sound of a Rolls Royce engine in one....:D:D:D   

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

Before moving to Montana, I gave a guy detailed instructions to my most favorite gastropod site.  I found out before I moved that he got a permit of somekind, brought in a backhoe and destroyed the site for everyone and anyone.  Ive been purty tight lipped ever since.

RB

6 hours ago, Yvie said:

Bracklesham,tranquil,picturesque,micro climate,not too far,safe,Billy's On The Beach cafe serving fresh local produce,surfers and kite surfers to watch and photograph when weather right,Spitfires and other vintage aircraft overhead at times (nothing to beat the sound of the Rolls Royce engine),water fowl nature reserve,moving sand banks and pyrite beds breaking up regularly.

Wow!

However, we live in alternate Universes. I was out on Tuesday...18kms of hiking not seeing a soul. Came across a teepee circle that was likely a couple centuries old and thought...'Darn, this place is becoming too busy'.

I'm a generalist and restless soul full of wanderlust, so I tend to stay on the move, chasing variety, untapped/underutilized sites, and solitude in nature to keep me grounded.  The common theme of my favorite sites is that they lack footprints, save for perhaps the cloven variety.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

For sentimental reasons, Casperson Beach south of Venice, Florida. Just a really pretty, undeveloped beach. Never found anything really spectacular, but I could combine spearfishing and fossil hunting in one trip!

Holzmaden because its always a nice feeling to have a tooth or another vertebra fossil in my hands !

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

Although Arkona and Penn Dixie have both been very kind to me, for nostalgic and sentimental reasons I choose my old hometown of Ottawa. It isn't what it used to be, but there are a few spots that seem relatively unchanged since my childhood. Splitting one of those black shales immediately takes me back 30 years. :)

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

The Maasvlakte 2, because its a place that is in my country, and you can find all sorts of things, like bone of mammoths and maybe some arrow heads!

Any place where I can find something I have not found before. Because I have not been there, and I enjoy going where I have never been before.

Nostalgia site would be -- Sandia mountains in New Mexico. (Where it all started for Me.)

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

3 minutes ago, ynot said:

From what I have heard-- only His sons are allowed into that formation.:(

I hear that the adoption process goes better if you show up to the interview dressed as a crustacean :D

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Just now, Kane said:

I hear that the adoption process goes better if you show up to the interview dressed as a crustacean :D

But You have to be wrapped in sandstone too!:P

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

17 minutes ago, Kane said:

As long as he doesn't eat you.  "There was more meat than usual on that there lobster!"

Don

12 hours ago, Yvie said:

That's a place I've not been to. Hope to go to the Isle of Wight and Charmouth areas in the summer tho. 

24 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

That's a place I've not been to. Hope to go to the Isle of Wight and Charmouth areas in the summer tho. 

Love Charmouth,we were stood looking over Durdle Door one time and a Spitfire did a victory roll over the sea,just when I didn't have a camera and mobiles were just phones like bricks!

11 minutes ago, Yvie said:

Love Charmouth,we were stood looking over Durdle Door one time and a Spitfire did a victory roll over the sea,just when I didn't have a camera and mobiles were just phones like bricks!

Always the way!

Archived