undefined fossil from Uzbekistan

legoog

hi everyone. some friend of mine have this specimen in his collection. as he know, it was found somewhere in Uzbekistan. unfortunately, both of us have not enought knowlage to identify this fossil. may be you can help?

p.s. may be this articles are  useful to identify?
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/295113675_Therizinosauroidea_Dinosauria_Theropoda_from_the_Upper_Cretaceous_of_Uzbekistan

P_20170202_233627.jpg

Welcome to the forum

Can we see some additional photos showing all the sides of your specimen.  Do you know if this was found in the Cretaceous deposits associated with the Bissekty Formation.  

the thickness and flatness gives me the impression of an alectrosaur claw. I'm not an expert however, so dont take my word for it.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

38 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

the thickness and flatness gives me the impression of an alectrosaur claw. I'm not an expert however, so dont take my word for it.

Alectrosaur is not described from the Bissekty Formation.  Timurlengia euotica is the tyrannosaurid described in 2016

• I found this Informative 2

@Troodon I am unfamiliar timurlengia or the bissekty formation, I used erlian as my refrence which wasn't very smart of me. The timulengia claw from other pictures doesn't fit the bill for me, are there any ornithomimosaurs present? If not I'm out of ideas.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Without a locality we don't even know if this is from a cretaceous deposit.  From that one photo it does not look dinosaurian why I asked for additional photos.  Im not aware of any ornithomimosaurs but the region is poorly understood.

Thank you for the photos.  It's a bone not a tooth like you show in your tag.  I do not think it's a claw but looks like a broken end of a process from a vertebra most likely dinosaurian if this is from a cretaceous location.  You will not be able to identify it any further.

They all take a different shape but here is an example of one.  Very spoon shaped 

20170520_073444_20170520074438149.jpg.5992d9e75065fb6086bdec43e02ba7bb.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Thank u for helping! Troodon it was wery informative suggestions, that is looks like a broken end of a process from a vertebra. I ask my friend for more photos of spicemens that he have in collection :

P_20170521_191524.jpg

P_20170521_191558.jpg

More of those process ends

A nice vertebra centrum but it's difficult to say who it belongs to without processes.  Not sure what the lower right specimen is might be a vertebra with those views.  Does not look dinosaurian.  Does he have teeth in his collection

• I found this Informative 1

Hi, 

Is it possible the centrums are crocodilian? This might be wrong, but especially the lower right specimen appears similar to crocodilian centrums I've seen.  

Y

3 hours ago, TXV24 said:

Hi, 

Is it possible the centrums are crocodilian? This might be wrong, but especially the lower right specimen appears similar to crocodilian centrums I've seen.  

That's where I would definitely lean on the lower right but more photos needed.  The other one might be but not sure.

There some additional photo of different tooths (sharks left, spinosaurus, theoropooda, and foot claw not sure). Also some undefined skull parts

P_20170522_105638.jpg

P_20170522_105745.jpg

P_20170522_105805.jpg

P_20170521_191023.jpg

Beautiful material thank you for posting.  The teeth and claws are very nice.

Your skull parts appear to be jaw sections from a Hadrosaurid.  

Levnesovia transoxiana is one that as been described from your region but other species may exist.

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/276/1667/2549

Most of your claws, top three, are foot of an ornithomimid indet. with the lower one a hand claw possibly of a Timurlengia euotica

Your large theropod teeth are Timurlengia euotica

Spinosaurids are not known from this region and your teeth are to curved to be one.  Need closer images but my initial guess is Plesiosaur

Paper on the ornithomimid 

Ornithomimidae (Dinosauria: Theropoda) from the Bissekty Formation (Upper Cretaceous: Turonian) of Uzbekistan

Article (PDF Available) in Cretaceous Research 57:90-110 · January 2016 with 263 Reads

DOI: 10.1016/j.cretres.2015.07.012

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/282926613_Ornithomimidae_Dinosauria_Theropoda_from_the_Bissekty_Formation_Upper_Cretaceous_Turonian_of_Uzbekistan

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. We had some doubts about these samples from the collection. Probably it's tyrannosaurus teeth, right? Could you help with the identification? Sorry if the question is stupid or naive.

DSC00011.JPG

DSC00018.JPG

DSC00024.JPG

DSC00033.JPG

DSC00041.JPG

There is never a stupid or naive question when it comes to identification of teeth.  If your teeth come from the Bissekty Formation they are most likely Tyrannosaurid.  Can you post an photo looking at the base.   The teeth should be compressed (flatish)  

The only largeTheropod with this size teeth that is described from that region is the Tyrannosaurid Timurlengia euotica, others may exist but currently this is the only known one.