Partial Oreodont skull.

RJB

Just a question here.  For anyone who knows me, I one picky son of a gun.  I ran into this the other day whilst going through some boxes of stuff.  I found this many years ago while hunting in the White River formation in Wyoming with Kent Sundell.  I dont want it, but my question is, is this sellable?  Im not asking for a price of what it may be worth, but does anyone think that anyone may want a partial skull thats in bad condition?  No lower jaws whatsoever!  Just wondering? 

RB

DSCN0975.JPG

DSCN0976.JPG

I would take it!  We see upper portions of skulls for sale all the time.

I was wondering cause most folks seem to find a tooth or two or 4  in a piece of jaw of whatever animal, but they find it themselves.  I cant see paying any moneys for that kind of stuff even though its cool.  For me, it has to be super cool and complete, or mostly complete.  And is Cretaceas stuff more important/more wanted than Oligocene stuff? 

RB

37 minutes ago, RJB said:

I was wondering cause most folks seem to find a tooth or two or 4  in a piece of jaw of whatever animal, but they find it themselves.  I cant see paying any moneys for that kind of stuff even though its cool.  For me, it has to be super cool and complete, or mostly complete.  And is Cretaceas stuff more important/more wanted than Oligocene stuff? 

RB

Seems to Me that it would be dependent on the collector, not everyone has the same high standard for what they will or won't buy.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Frankly, I am a big fan of the Oligocene and later time periods (more into mammals than other creatures).  I do however, enjoy the unusual/ odd creatures that came about in whatever age they abound. So as Tony states, it is a very subjective criteria of what people like.

I generally like things you don't see too often.

I made a trade 2 years ago for lots of oreo teeth and did quite well getting them sold.

Even an upper skull would appeal to some people!

Sellable? Yes, I like prepping Oreodont partials. 

$55.35 + $10 toward shipping, If you really don't want it, send it my way. Just send me a message and that grand sum can be hurtling toward you. 

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I agree with everyone else, I have many skulls like that and find each appealing in its own way. If you decide to sell it, you should not have a problem.

I was first on this post to show an interest in it, so I should get first crack at getting it...that's only fair. :D

Ive only got 3 days till I leave on a fossil hunting trip, so no time for anything right now.  But i do like that auction idea.   I just did an auction that ended on Friday.  Didnt make as much as I would have expected, but that just means that someone got a good deal. I have no problem with that.  I'll try and do something after I return?

RB

Archived