ID on a vertebra? in a fossil plate.

Porcoa

I see lots of crinoid stems and maybe brachiopod/bivalve, coral, gastropod remains,  in the matrix, so I think there is no vertebrate material, although it could be not excluded.

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

2 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

I see lots of crinoid stems and maybe brachiopod/bivalve, coral, gastropod remains,  in the matrix, so I think there is no vertebrate material, although it could be not excluded.

What do you think the one I measured could be?

It will be difficult to say due to its recristallized character and because it is embedded in the matrix, but I think it could be a brachiopod or gastropod in somehow oblique section in that agglomerate seabed sediment.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

The variety of forms could be large. For example I can see a far resemblance between the pictures below, putting aside the geological time. (Probably I'm wrong and it's a trick gained by my visual memory trying to find the possible match.) :headscratch:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d531f0e6127b7c4c5c512dc0ddb4cbfe.jpg.2bc29bc21697cfcd8ac3262fc7834965.jpgChrysomallon_squamiferum_10.png.c9d4854ef2824e84935e9cec09669a0b.png

picture from here

Thomas Mann

My Library