Nest of EIGHT Psittacosaurs

I found this Nest of EIGHT juvenile psittacosaurs online please help me see if this is real. 

IMG_2016.JPG

IMG_2019.JPG

IMG_2021.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

Well, if you live outside of China, it is illegal in china to ship vertebrate fossils outside of china (although sometimes this is ignored and fossils are smuggled) but if you live in china it is possible it is real.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I've seen these type of assemblages before and this one may be real with a possibility that some work as been done to it.  Having said that the photos are not sharp enough to determine it's authenticity and would require physical examination of the specimen.  Photos are not adequate. 

• I found this Informative 1

These type of assemblages were very common at the Tucson fossil shows in the late 90's and early 2000's.  Typically they would be from one individual.  Most all were real but one had to inspect each one because they would be composited and the degree of repair done to them could be extensive

For that price smile and walk away.   

• I found this Informative 2

Out of interest, what would a Psittacosaurus have cost in the late 90s? I appreciate we can't talk about current valuations, but I'm curious as to what they cost back in the days when they were common.

2 hours ago, Aurelius said:

Out of interest, what would a Psittacosaurus have cost in the late 90s? I appreciate we can't talk about current valuations, but I'm curious as to what they cost back in the days when they were common.

If I can remember single specimens in matrix, not mounted, at the Tucson show were around 3400 USD and that was about 8 years ago.

• I found this Informative 2

8 hours ago, Aurelius said:

A friend of mine told me in the early 90's there was a seller with many of them all in shoe boxes in Tucson, some likely composite like Troodon said. He said they were $1500 each then, but this is 20+ years ago. I wish I was collecting back then, I would love one of these guys!

man 1500-3400 is not bad at all! even if they are composite for complete skeletons!

How far the $ has come :P 

The photo is not good, but I can see different shades of color in the skeletons, and this is not very good if they all originated from the same matrix. Although this is possible, I believe that this fossil is not the case! It really seems to have been composed.

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG