Miocene Oyster and Bryzoan ID please....

trempie4

Looking for ID for the 3 different bryzoan specimens labeled 1, 2, and 3 as well as these ultra cool little oyster clumps.      Location = Hampton VA USA

There is an offshore fossil bed that these wash out of after storms down on a private beach I have access to.  Miocene I assume, somewhere around the St.Mry's fmn.   Also coming out of this bed are the less frequent poorly barnacle-encrusted chesapectan and the very very infrequent ecphora.   I've found very infrequent fossil horse teeth 1/4 away so there is a lot going on fmn wise...

I collect these when I'm local after storms and the oysters are pretty cool as they semi-frequently form the free-standing clumps of 2 to 4 or 5 oysters.    I like to dump these into interesting glass containers as they make pretty cool display pieces.

Anyway, also attached are a few more pics of the oysters and bryzoan specimen #2.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

1AE5623A-F57F-483A-AF3D-13F94FCDAD85.JPG

Bryzoans 00.JPG

Bryzoans 01.JPG

FullSizeRender01.jpg

FullSizeRender02.jpg

oysters.JPG

Joe...

(evolution ROCKS....)

One last note on the oysters.  I've never found any of these oysters any larger than 1.75" or so, so obv not a very large speices....  

Joe...

(evolution ROCKS....)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

Could be the geological age Pliocene-Pleistocene or younger, rather than Miocene?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Archived