Sharks Teeth from Edisto Beach with a Surprise!

Jocassee Tiger

We spent the week on Edisto Beach this past week and found a decent number of little sharks teeth.  The first surprise was not 1 but 2 great white teeth.  Those are the first great whites that we have found on the beach in the last 5 years on Edisto.  The next surprise came to my girlfriend when I used the big great white to propose.  It was perfect, her first reaction was to finding a huge tooth, the second reaction was to a "ring stuck to it", the third reaction was realizing that I put it there for her.  She only had a moment of disappointment when she realized that she didn't find her own tooth but that quickly disappeared and she said yes!

IMG_20170520_180106.jpg

IMG_20170520_180150.jpg

20170519_165618-COLLAGE.jpg

Congratulations! 
Well done. ;) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

You brought marriage proposing to a whole new level! Loving it! Congratulations! :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Great teeth and story, congrats and good luck:)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Congratulations to the both of you - fossil-hunting partners forever!!! 

Congrats! That's a way to make sure you have a fossil hunting partner for all your future excursions. Just make sure she realizes that not all fossil outings will come with diamonds. :P Glad you didn't put down that tooth and then walk away to go find her only to forget where you put that tooth--that would have been a day to remember (in a different way). I proposed to my wife (well, she wasn't my wife then--that would have been silly) on the decompression safety stop of our last dive on a dive vacation to Belize. I didn't bring a ring underwater but wrote the proposal on an underwater dive slate (and lost the use of that slate as she kept it). I have a friend who staged a "treasure chest" underwater during a fish survey dive which he guided his future wife to find. She was well confused to find a mini-chest underwater but soon put things together when she opened it to reveal the message and the ring. He was very nervous that he'd lose where he planted the chest and would have to spend a dozen dives relocating it.

Glad she said yes--now you'll have to post a photo of the happy couple.

Cheers.

-Ken

• 10 months later...

Where on Edisto did you go? I might make a trip out there. Did you just walk on the beach or elsewhere? Thanks in advance!! 

Nice finds, particularly her heart! ;)

Gives me some ideas for later down the line. :P

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Archived