digit

It seems like only yesterday that my postings on this forum crossed the 2000 posts milestone and now (with this post) I've somehow made it to 3000!

My minimal areas of fossil knowledge pale in comparison to others on this forum who have an astounding wealth of information and who freely share that with the forum. In fact, what little information I do possess mostly comes from what I've been able to glean from reading thousands of postings on TFF. With few exceptions, the bulk of my 3K postings have been devoted to lengthy and highly verbose (but also copiously illustrated) trip reports to places I've been fortunate enough to visit and hunt. I come from a long line of storytellers and must have the raconteur gene enabled in my DNA (I'm taking no responsibility for my actions and blaming it solely on heredity). :P

I also travel quite often (it's the luxury of one who has no kids, pets, boats, or other responsibilities and obligations that normal people have and enjoy) and like to take a lot of photos on my trips to share with friends and family (and so I can remember the details of my many trips). I consider the TFF membership somewhere along that spectrum from friends to family and so I have shared a lot of my photos in the long-running Nature Photography topic with my fossil family here on TFF.

Recently, I've been asked to join the moderating team. Between my various trips I hope to prove worthy of that new role and responsibility by pulling my weight as part of the efforts behind the scenes to keep this place running smoothly.

I'll be uncharacteristically terse and not let this 3000th post run on for page after page. In short (yup, this is short for me) I'd like to thank the members of this forum for making it such an addictive place for learning and fossil camaraderie which lead to me posting here so often. Congratulations really go out to you all for your part in my personal milestone.

Cheers.

-Ken

It just proves that You like to "talk":P a lot!

And I really do enjoy all of the long winded dissertations that You provide here!:thumbsu:

Congratulations on reaching 3000! (can't wait to see what the next 3000 bring to the forum.).

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Congratulations! You said it well!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I like your long posts, so keep it up - and congratulations! :) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Congratulations, Ken. 

I enjoy your posts, and hope to see you reach 6,000 posts. :) 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me