Fossil of the month?

RJB

Ive only got an hour or two to play on the FF.  Im leaving on a fossil hunting trip tomorrow morning at about 4 am.  If I can find what im after, it will be a rare fossil.  Just hoping I can get a really good one.  Been looking for one of these for years!!!  Dont meant to be so mysterious, but im not sure if i will get any?  My question is for @Fossildude19.   if I find some of these concretions, it will be found this month and close to the end of the month.  i wont be able to prep any till next month.  My question is:  Will I still be able to post it in the 'Fossil of the Month'?  I dont think Ive ever posted in Fossil of the Month, but would like to with one of these? 

RB

Hi, you can post it in "Fossil of the Month" the month during which you achieved your preparation if you show photos of before and after preparation.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

Fifi is correct - the bulk of the prep needs to happen in the month of the contest. 

Make sure to take before and after pictures, Ron, .... and good luck! ;) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks Tim.  That will be no problem.  I will even have in-situ pics?  Cant wait.  I havent been this excited about a fossil hunting trip in a very long time!!!   And the thing is, I will be bringing back about a 1000 lbs of ammo material, but my first stop will be 100 more times more exciting!!! and if im lucky, that total poundage will only be about 10 lbs if im lucky?  Im gunna have a hard time sleeping tonight!!!    

RB

@RJB make sure you find something cool for me. :popcorn: :drool:

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

Good luck guys.  Even though I gave up years ago trying to find these things, I still may not get any?  I did see some many years ago, but far from complete.  Am told that if I do find any, they should be complete?   Hard to believe anyone nowadays?  Time will tell?  My fingers are double crossed. 

RB

I love the shroud of mystery and can't wait to see your prepped fossil (assuming your plan goes as...well...as planned).

Cheers.

-Ken

Best of luck, Ron .  May the fossil gods smile down on you and help you to discover 100s of whatever you seek. Then you have enough prep work to continue for decades. How sweet it is ...

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Good luck Ron, take photos in situ and also of your fossil hunting place.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

In memory of Doren

Don't listen that disguised guy.

In memory of Doren

Mystery schmystery... good luck in your mosasaur hunt, Ron.  

edit:  I am surprised no one else has tried to guess what he is after....

Hey hi @RJB,

I saw another thread where You made mention of a "successful trip".

So what did You find?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Well, been back for 3 days now.  We did find a lot of Fox Hills material.  I expected that.  What I was after was a certain type of fossil crab.  Ive seen a few in my earlier years, but not a single one complete and always just a carapace or a carapace with a piece of leg or a piece of claw arm.    I did find 3 little concretions that I know have these rare crabs in them and I have high hopes for the other concretions we found, so hopefully, I will end up with one good one?   Dakota cancer 

RB

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Well, been back for 3 days now.  We did find a lot of Fox Hills material.  I expected that.  What I was after was a certain type of fossil crab.  Ive seen a few in my earlier years, but not a single one complete and always just a carapace or a carapace with a piece of leg or a piece of claw arm.    I did find 3 little concretions that I know have these rare crabs in them and I have high hopes for the other concretions we found, so hopefully, I will end up with one good one?   Dakota cancer 

RB

I'm crossing my fingers for you, Ron.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Yup. I think you have the collective good will and positive energy of this forum pulling for you--mainly for selfish reason as we'd love to see images of a nice rare crab concretion expertly prepped by you. Take some before/during/after photos so we can watch its unveiling.

Cheers.

-Ken

3 hours ago, RJB said:

, I will end up with one good one? 

:dinothumb: Good luck!

I hope You get more than 1 good :crab: in those concretions!

Tony

PS Like what You have shown in the preparation thread.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Archived