Season ending on the Peace

Peace river rat

Well, it looks like the rainy season is finally coming. Went to Brownville today, hiked down river from the boatramp to where those houses overlook the river, found a bison tooth, various shark teeth and a few good mammoth frags.

I was working on a hole in knee deep water, saw about a 30 pound turtle, then i'm digging look down next to my leg and see a huge fish, I came up outta that hole!

So I go back up near the houses and start a new hole in shallower water. So I'm digging away, I look up and see a HUGE dog about 8 ft away just looking at me, not growling not barking so far so good!

Now he starts approaching me, I put my digging basket (big) between his massive head and me, but he is determined to sniff me, so I lower the basket and he smells behind me. Off he trots, so I go to walk back to my bike at the park. This dog is waiting (so it seemed) I try going in deeper water the dog swims (of course) I have no choice but to pass him. Fortunately, for me he just wanted petted.

At least no gators! I was out Sunday, this recent rain bouht it up about 6 inches. We have had a long season, it looks like it is coming to a close. Well, heres to really high water and a good dry season next year!

Nice puppy! Luckily!