Penn Dixie and Brechin

Malcolmt

If anyone is interested I will be taking / meeting some people from the Fossil Forum to go to Penn Dixie (Hamburg NY) on Friday June 2 and Brechen (about 1/12 hours north east of Toronto) on Saturday June 2. Please PM me if you are interested in joining us. Expect to work hard but come away with some nice goodies. Both localities are good for trilobites, Brechin also adds crinoids and cystoids to the mix as well as brachs and all those other things that I don't collect.

No same place we are planning on for the 11th if that is still on

I'm in for the 11th if the weather cooperates. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I will also have some members of the Dry Dredgers from Ohio up there on the 10th so I will be there both the 10th and 11th. Roger where are you coming from when you are meeting me on the 11th. I need to decide if I am going to stay up there on the 10th or come home and go back up with you. 

2 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

@Ludwigia head south after you're done in Canada and I'll take you to some great Texas spots! :P

It's only a few extra days of driving!

Love to. Wish I could compress and expand time and distance at will.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

52 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

I'll pick you up on route in my TimeAndRelativeDimendionsInSpace police box @Ludwigia

Wish i I could come along but will enjoy the trip report. 

With the added bonus that, if anything bad happens to you while in that tesseract police box, you get to reincarnate as Tom Baker. :P

10 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

Noooo, Jon Pertwee! He was my 'Doctor' as a kid. When you're a kid that's your Doctor. Jelly baby @Kane

:D Yes, a jelly baby please, but there's something wrong with K-9...

Pertwee always seems to lag behind Baker on all the "best doctor" lists. Plus, Baker did the intro/outro narration for Little Britain :P

Pertwee was the best. The 'best doctor' lists were compiled by Baker's family of course. Besides Pertwee went on to do Worzel Gummidge. 

Little Britain, what a fab series. Did you know Baker never saw an episode?

of course the best ever modern comedy series over here was The League of Gentlemen. Job Pertwee was a regular character. Most people don't know that he was the taxi driver. She's my wife now....

Have to disagree of the old series it was definately Tom Baker and from the new it was a tossup between Matt Smith And David Tennant. 

Peter Capaldi needs to regenerate!!!!!!!

:blink: I think I've been away from the english speaking world for too long. Besides, I haven't possessed a TV in over 40 years.

So, Tom Baker wins two votes to one (and neither Malcolm nor myself are in the pay of the Baker family :P ). With that being settled, back to the thread...

@Malcolmt I'm looking at an affordable place to lodge near the JD. Closest I've seen is a B&B at about 130/night (but it is virtually minutes away from the site). It's a bit of a drive for us, so we were planning coming up the day before. My Google searches have not borne much fruit, but Google has been a headache lately. I didn't know if you had any recommendations if you occasionally had to stay overnight in the area.

@Kane There are 2 motels along highway 48 just east of Sutton. No idea on rates or quality, but they are there. That will leave you with about a 1/2 hour drive to the quarry. I don't know if Beaverton has anything but it is a lot closer. Orillia will have something for sure but again, you'd be looking at a 1/2 hour or so drive. Orillia will give you a much better selection as far as dining choices though.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

So far it is Jay, Joe, Carl and myself for Penn Dixie on Friday June 2. Joe and I will be there about 8:30 depending on how nice border security coming in from Canada is.

On 5/27/2017 at 3:45 AM, Ludwigia said:

:blink: I think I've been away from the english speaking world for too long. Besides, I haven't possessed a TV in over 40 years.

I'm jealous. I posses 3 TVs and don't really use any of them if I can help it (my kids make up for my disuse).

You're not missing anything with Dr. Who... That show was weird, weird, weird with a bowl of odd for dessert! :wacko: No offense to all the Whoites here.

20 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

I'm jealous. I posses 3 TVs and don't really use any of them if I can help it (my kids make up for my disuse).

You're not missing anything with Dr. Who... That show was weird, weird, weird with a bowl of odd for dessert! :wacko: No offense to all the Whoites here.

I was just supersaturated in my youth with Rocky & Bullwinkle, Huckleberry Hound, Red Skelton, Wayne & Schuster, Twilight Zone, Ed Sullivan, Wonderbra & Alkaselzer commercials, etc.,etc., that I just lost interest at some point. Although I do enjoy watching the odd Mr.Bean sketch when I get the chance :P Actually I much prefer going to the movies.

Archived