Identify fossil Icythosaurus skull?

Keichousaurus, I would say. Shoulder and neck area? The bottom fossil is another Keichousaurus.

• I found this Informative 1

8 minutes ago, Dinomaniac said:

I know there is a keichousaurus in there it came as a lot of fossils.:D

What I think Aurelius is saying is that you have 2 keichousaurus. The fossil from the first photo and the bottom fossil in the second photo. Both seem to be keichousaurus.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Can't be anything else. The first photo is a keichousaurus shoulders and lower neck facing downwards. Not sure about the fossil in the upper left of the second photograph. 

Dinomaniac

This is a Keichousaurus hui!

11.PNG

And this can be a Stereosternum tumidum Cope (Permian mesosaurid)!

11.PNG

11.PNG

The photo is not good, but apparently, this is a legitimate turtle Xiaochelys ningchengensis. Apparently his three fossils are Chinese, so they are two Keichousaurus hui and one turtle Xiaochelys ningchengensis.

Hugs!

11.PNG

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

10 hours ago, Dinomaniac said:

Impressionante! obrigado

You're welcome! But it is important to point out that these are mere suggestions based on my knowledge of the Chinese fossils, okay? It does not mean that they really are the species I mentioned, though I believe they are. Below, I put a picture of the turtle (Cf Ordosemys liaoxiensis) that is part of my personal collection. Hugs!

08.PNG

03.PNG

On ‎30‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 6:29 AM, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

This is a Keichousaurus hui!

11.PNG

And this can be a Stereosternum tumidum Cope (Permian mesosaurid)!

11.PNG

11.PNG

The photo is not good, but apparently, this is a legitimate turtle Xiaochelys ningchengensis. Apparently his three fossils are Chinese, so they are two Keichousaurus hui and one turtle Xiaochelys ningchengensis.

Hugs!

11.PNG

Sorry, but I do not agree!

Ok, the first fossil is a (baby?) Keichousaurus hui, that's correct.

But the second fossil is definitely not a Stereosternum tumidum. Stereosternum tumidum is from the Permian of Brazil and does not occur in China. I agree with @Steelhead9, this is (a very poorly prepped) shoulder and neck region of a larger Keichousaurus

The third picture is very poor, but it does not seem to be a turtle (I don't know what it is, but I don't see any resemblance to a turtle). This dark grey to black slab seems to come either from the Middle Triassic of Xingyi ( 兴义 ) in Guizhou) or from Luoping County (罗平县) (Yunnan). 

And I would also rule out Xiaochelys ningchengensis. This turtle is from the Cretaceous of Chifeng, Nei Mongol. The slabs from Chifeng are light brown - the appearance is completely different.

Thomas

PS: By the way, it's Ichthyosaurus and not Icythosaurus. Your fossils belong to completely different species - Keichousaurs (Pachypleurosaurs) are not related to Ichthyosaurs

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Thomas, I have nothing to excuse you, quite the contrary, I thank you! After all, it is with disagreement that we do not have a stagnant science with the same old theories, but a dynamic science full of progress! At no point did he say that they were Chinese fossils, for this reason I raised the possibility of being a Stereosternum tumidum. And then I said that if it is true that they are three Chinese fossils, then probably they are two Keichousaurus hui and one turtle Xiaochelys ningchengensis. And even then, I keep thinking about this possibility with these low resolution photos.

Nevertheless, I concluded as follows:

"But it is important to point out that these are mere suggestions based on my knowledge of the Chinese fossils, okay? It does not mean that they really are the species I mentioned, though I believe they are".

.......................................................................................

I am not ashamed of my mistakes, I am ashamed of not trying to get it right or helping another human. (Hermes Trismegistus).

03.PNG