Digging with the Experts at Penn Dixie!

Monica

I can't believe I just saw this thread!

Looks like a fantastic trip Monica, so glad you and Viola got out to have a fun day of digging at Penn Dixie!

It is on my list, I am thinking maybe next summer, but at about 19 hours of driving I may need to schedule a couple of stops ;)

3 minutes ago, FossilDudeCO said:

I can't believe I just saw this thread!

Looks like a fantastic trip Monica, so glad you and Viola got out to have a fun day of digging at Penn Dixie!

It is on my list, I am thinking maybe next summer, but at about 19 hours of driving I may need to schedule a couple of stops ;)

Hi Blake!

It was indeed a fantastic trip, and since we have a family membership there, I'm sure we'll head back again sometime this summer :)

I just saw all the fish you "caught" in your neck o' the woods - if Viola is still into fossils when she's a bit older, then we're definitely going to come out your way, too!

Take care,

Monica

18 minutes ago, ynot said:

Viola did well!

I think the last one is a brachiopod. Should clean up nice.

Hi Tony!

A brachiopod would make Viola very happy!  (Or anything, really - she's pretty easy to please when it comes to fossils :)).  Now how to go about extracting/revealing the little critter...

Thanks for chiming in!

Monica

I figured that mystery item was a gastropod... the bottom end of one, if you know what I mean.. but I guess it could just as easily be one side of a brach valve. See what the experts think.

On 6/7/2017 at 6:41 PM, Wrangellian said:

I figured that mystery item was a gastropod... the bottom end of one, if you know what I mean.. but I guess it could just as easily be one side of a brach valve. See what the experts think.

Thanks for responding, Eric!  When I have a bit more time I'll post pictures under the "Fossil ID" thread and see what everyone there has to say about it...

I hope that all is well out west!

Monica

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Monica!

That was my daughter Rachel hammering with Viola! We also had a great time! Rachel really enjoyed her time with Viola :)

David, New York

On 6/26/2017 at 5:22 PM, DrDave said:

Hi Monica!

That was my daughter Rachel hammering with Viola! We also had a great time! Rachel really enjoyed her time with Viola :)

David, New York

Hi David!

It's nice to meet you on TFF!!!  Viola had a wonderful time with Rachel - I think she was a little sad at the idea that she wouldn't see/talk to Rachel again (she loves making new friends), so it's great to know that you (and Rachel) are here on the forum!  If you guys ever plan a trip out to Penn Dixie in the summer, then please let me know - Viola and I are planning on going back, and if she knows that a friend will be there, that will most certainly make her day!!!

Monica

PS - Welcome to TFF!

Archived