Member of the Month - June 2017 - Jeffrey P.

Fossildude19

Well, June has arrived - half the year nearly gone!   :blink:   Where does the time go. :headscratch:

Once again, the staff has come together, and unanimously voted for that member who shows fellowship, helpfulness, a welcoming attitude, and in this case, a deep knowledge of his local collecting locales. 

This months Member of the Month is: 

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:JEFFREY P!!!:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

Jeffrey has been a member since August of 2013, and in that time has shown himself to be an outstanding member of the Forum Community.

Always helpful, kind, knowledgeable, and a connoisseur of all types of fossils. 

If you have ever hunted with Jeff, as I have, you will know him for his generous, kind demeanor,his willingness to hunt nearly anywhere in the world,

and to collect any type of fossil, from the lowly worm tube in the Jersey Brooks, to ammonites in Germany or New Mexico.

He is also one of the key organizers/coordinators of Group Fossil Forum Meet Ups in the North Eastern USA!

(Not to mention, very knowledgeable about his nearby localities!)

Jeff's galleries of his finds, divided by time period, help to serve as a guide to the fossils of any of the locations he has hunted.

Always pleasant and accommodating, Jeff is more than deserving of this award.

Jeff, Thanks for all you do here on the Forum.

Congratulations, good sir. :D 

Care to talk about your fossil journey to the Forum, Jeff?

• I found this Informative 3

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• Fossildude19 featured this topic

Congratulations, Jeffrey P! You've a great reputation for being generous and knowledgeable both on and off this forum. Well-deserved! :dinothumb::yay-smiley-1:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Congrats and thanks for your active participation :fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Congrats Jeff :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

Congratulations Jeff! Without a doubt, very well deserved! You are an asset to the fossil forum community! :yay-smiley-1:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Many congratulations, Jeffrey!...:fistbump:...you definitely deserve it.

"I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"  ~Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) 

New Mexico Museum of Natural History Bulletins    

point.thumb.jpg.e8c20b9cd1882c9813380ade830e1f32.jpg research.jpg.932a4c776c9696d3cf6133084c2d9a84.jpg  RPV.jpg.d17a6f3deca931bfdce34e2a5f29511d.jpg  SJB.jpg.f032e0b315b0e335acf103408a762803.jpg  butterfly.jpg.71c7cc456dfbbae76f15995f00b221ff.jpg  Htoad.jpg.3d40423ae4f226cfcc7e0aba3b331565.jpg  library.jpg.56c23fbd183a19af79384c4b8c431757.jpg  OIP.jpg.163d5efffd320f70f956e9a53f9cd7db.jpg

*emits non-committal grunt*

Owww,alrighty then,kudos to Jeff.:yay-smiley-1:

Please report on the dinner in the four Michelin-stars restaurant.

Well-Deserved-Brachs.gif.11dfa6abedcca7481f5ee1a491087863.gif          

Jeff, 

It's always a pleasure to collect with you, and to learn from you. You've added so much to this great forum with your terrific gallery and helpful posts. Thanks and congratulations. Very well deserved.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Congratulations Jeff! I personally love your organization and discipline in documenting your finds, especially those of New Jersey, as they have assisted me in identifying finds. Although we have never collected together, I hope we can soon over the summer. The overall atmosphere surrounding your posts is great, keep up the good work!

: )

Way to go Jeff.

Bulldozers and dirt Bulldozers and dirt
behind the trailer, my desert
Them red clay piles are heaven on earth
I get my rocks off, bulldozers and dirt

Patterson Hood; Drive-By Truckers

image.png.0c956e87cee523facebb6947cb34e842.png May 2016  MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png.b42a25e3438348310ba19ce6852f50c1.png May 2012 IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png.1721b8912c45105152ac70b0ae8303c3.png.2b6263683ee32421d97e7fa481bd418a.pngAug 2013, May 2016, Apr 2020 VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png.af5065d0585e85f4accd8b291bf0cc2e.png.72a83362710033c9bdc8510be7454b66.png.9171036128e7f95de57b6a0f03c491da.png Oct 2022

First off, let me say I'm a bit shocked. Did not see this coming. THANK YOU!!! This is quite an honor. I've seen all of you who are already members of the month and it is quite a privilege to stand among you and wear the crown. I want to thank the board. I want to thank every member- the Fossil Forum would not be what it is without your participation. Thank you all for your encouragement and support.

I consider myself lucky in so many ways: I'm fortunate to live where I do with the Appalachian Plateau to the north and west with all of its Paleozoic treasures and to the south the Atlantic Coastal Plain with Upper Cretaceous and Tertiary fossils in abundance and between them the Newark Super Group. There are fossils less than ten minutes from my home. Just about any type of fossil can be found within a day's drive. As a result my interest in fossils has spread to nearly all aspects of prehistoric life. I've used my galleries to bring attention to the fossil resources of this great area.

I love fossils and I love collecting them and the Forum has done a lot to foster my passion. From the beginning I sought and cultivated relationships with other collectors. I feel we all benefit from the social aspects of the Forum in addition to its use as a shared knowledge base. I know that I certainly have. It's been wonderful to meet and collect with a number of the Northeast's most dedicated collectors as well as enthusiastic newbies. I've also had the opportunity to travel and in the past year and collect with members in New Mexico, Vermont, Maryland, Kentucky, and Germany. These have been some amazing experiences and I've gotten to meet in person, some extraordinary people.

Fossil collecting, in case you haven't noticed, isn't the most popular hobby. There have been Monday mornings when I was headed down to Monmouth County, New Jersey through rush hour traffic in the Metropolitan Area, realizing of the millions of people on the road going to work, etc., I'm possibly the only one who's going fossil hunting. I enjoy the peace and solitude collecting by myself and I enjoy the company and comradery of collecting with others, and the Fossil Forum is where I am connected to the rest of you who share my passion and hobby. Thank you all my friends for all we've shared and will share.

I'd also like to thank my daughter, Viviana, who no longer collects fossils, but is a great support- my weird avatar is her work., and my girlfriend, Valerie, who only collects Chesapecten and ferns, and tolerates my other pursuits as long as I do the dishes and keep up with the yard work. I would like to give a special thanks to Tim (Fossildude19), the first Forum member I met in person, who I've shared many of my best and worst experiences with, a wonderful dude all the way around, and an outstanding contributor to the Forum. Best wishes all!

• I found this Informative 8

*dabs at the corner of his eye*

Good speech,Jeff!!!!

You are a worthy recipient,verbally adept,rhetorically proficient,emotive,good timing

"Did not see this coming"

That's what they all sayB)

Gratz Jeff! Thank you for all you do!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

It's amazing (or maybe it's not) that we still manage to find fresh members to wear the crown each month. Jeff surely embodies the best of the forum both in the virtual realm that we all share here as well as out in the field collecting with and without other TFF members. As he expressed above he shares my opinion that one of the great treasures of this forum is the membership--both when they share their seemingly limitless and diversified fossil knowledge and when they share fossil hunting experiences. Welcome to the MOTM club--we'll send you the diagram for the secret handshake in a later PM. :P

Have not had the opportunity to go hunting with Jeff (yet) but I hope that we can rectify that situation sometime soon--either on his home turf or mine.

Cheers.

-Ken

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:44 AM, Ludwigia said:

Hear, hear! Yay Jeff!!! :yay-smiley-1:

Thanks Roger. It was a privilege to meet you, see your collection, and collect with you in "the ditch." Definitely, one of the biggest highlights of the past year for me.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:45 AM, Kane said:

Congratulations, Jeffrey P! You've a great reputation for being generous and knowledgeable both on and off this forum. Well-deserved! :dinothumb::yay-smiley-1:

Thanks Kane. I'm going to Ontario for my first fossil collecting trip there later this month with the NY Paleo Society. Hope this will be the first of many trips and hope that I get to collect with you there sometime in the not too distant future. Will be in Buffalo the weekend before July 1st. If you're around would love to get together.  

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:53 AM, jcbshark said:

Congrats and thanks for your active participation :fistbump:

Thanks Jeff. I'm sure I'll be heading down to Florida to collect some day. Your posts have certainly excited me about that possibility.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:08 AM, Darktooth said:

Congratulations Jeff! Without a doubt, very well deserved! You are an asset to the fossil forum community! :yay-smiley-1:

Thanks Dave, nice coming from another recent winner and companion on my most recent fossil collecting outing. We'll have to do Cole Hill sometime this year. Stay in touch.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, Raggedy Man said:

:yay-smiley-1:Congrats Jeff!!!!

Thanks R Man. Maybe we can meet at Penn Dixie some day.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, PFOOLEY said:

Many congratulations, Jeffrey!...:fistbump:...you definitely deserve it.

Thanks Mike. My day with you and Brian collecting in the Puerco was another big highlight for me. Maybe I'll get out there again next summer and I'll bring Tim with me. Stay in touch.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, doushantuo said:

*emits non-committal grunt*

Owww,alrighty then,kudos to Jeff.:yay-smiley-1:

Please report on the dinner in the four Michelin-stars restaurant.

Thank you doushantuo. I appreciate your ironic commentary.

• I found this Informative 1

Anytime you're here feel free to let me know, I'd be happy to show you some of what Florida has to offer:)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!