NWGeoFan

Sites in Washington, Oregon and Idaho

NWGeoFan

Here are a few localities I am aware of though I havent been to most of them:hammer01:

-Beverly Beach Oregon, easy hunting and beach combing very soft matrix, marine fossils some whale bones etc I have visited this site personally and it is very good hunting, you never leave empty handed.

-Veronia Oregon, havent been yet but I have heard the hunting is good mostly marine fossils.

-Fossil Oregon, behind Wheeler High school, mostly plants

-Lincoln Creek Washington Havent been but I have read it has concretions and plant fossils along with some marine fossils.

-Sandy River Oregon, I have read old geologic surveys that describe plant fossils in the shale, but I have not explored myself, yet.

-Prineville Oregon, I have visited this myself but didnt find any fossils, only thunder eggs, but the area is still supposed to hold marine fossils.

-Punchbowl Falls Oregon, old geologic surveys described plant fossils found when trails were being cut out and also in steep embankments.

-Bainbridge Island Washington, I have read others discussing about localities in the general area, but I have no specific details on where. 

This is all I know of, feel free to share or correct me on any sites! 

Also if anyone knows of any localities by Portland or SW Washington please post them!