More Mazon

sloth

More Mazon stuff.

I really appreciate the ID's people have supplied. Every one helps me understand what these things look like and how to ID them myself.

1_MG_7186.jpg

2_MG_7195.jpg

3_MG_7207.jpg

4_MG_7208.jpg

5_MG_7214.jpg

6_MG_7221.jpg

7_MG_7229.jpg

8_MG_7235.jpg

9_MG_7239.jpg

#5 could be a worm or possibly a poorly preserved shrimp.

Do you know what pit these came from? Briarwood mazonia park?

You will find out over time not every concretion is a fossil even though theres a mass of calcite making it appear something is there. The Field Museum has a wonderful database of specimens collected from the mazon area.

...I'm back.

3 hours ago, Raggedy Man said:

#5 could be a worm or possibly a poorly preserved shrimp.

Do you know what pit these came from? Briarwood mazonia park?

You will find out over time not every concretion is a fossil even though theres a mass of calcite making it appear something is there. The Field Museum has a wonderful database of specimens collected from the mazon area.

Yeah, sorry. With some more experience I'll be more selective, but after seeing some of the pictures of "jellyfish", and "worms" I'm afraid to throw anything out. These are all from the south section of Mazonia-Braidwood.

1 hour ago, sloth said:

Yeah, sorry. With some more experience I'll be more selective, but after seeing some of the pictures of "jellyfish", and "worms" I'm afraid to throw anything out. These are all from the south section of Mazonia-Braidwood.

Keep them anyway. They're a useful tool to aid in your learning and you never know one might actually be something you identify later. I have several small buckets of "nothings"...lol.

...I'm back.

29 minutes ago, Raggedy Man said:

Keep them anyway. They're a useful tool to aid in your learning and you never know one might actually be something you identify later. I have several small buckets of "nothings"...lol.

Haha, good idea. I'll get a "trash" bucket started right away.