Please help identify these two teeth.

Tereptah

Hi,

Other than the dinosaur bone agates I have in my collection, the only two other items I have that are dinosaur are these two teeth. Both are said to be 'meat-eaters' from the Judith River Formation in Montana and the Cretaceous era. 

I'm still learning so not really sure how to ID them myself, but would really like to know which species these belonged to. 

The larger one is 1 3/8 inches long, the tiny one is around 1/2 inch.

Thanks for reading and for helping in anyway!

20170603_140203.jpg

20170603_140423.jpg

20170603_140435.jpg

20170603_140538.jpg

20170603_141319.jpg

20170603_141840.jpg

20170603_141941.jpg

Welcome to the forum.  Both are theropod teeth or meat eaters.  The top tooth is from a Tyrannosaurid like Daspletosaurus or Gorgosaurus.  The teeth are too similiar to distinguish between the two.  The other tooth is from a Premaxillary position and more difficult to ID but probably also a Tyrannosaurid.  Do you have a closer  locality other than just Montana.   I ask because the color is not typical from that formation not implying its not.

• I found this Informative 4

Hi,

Thanks I will remember those two as possible IDs for the larger one.

I got them off ebay a couple years ago. The little one was called by the seller as being albertosaurus but since it is so small I was like "how can they tell?" So just been saying its meat eater as it did look like a premax from what Ive read.

The locations are what the sellers said them to be. I think the sellers were being as honest as they believed as both had sold a few thousands with 100 feedback. I wish I remember name of one seller as they had an online syore outside of ebay.

But Im still excited they are more or less what they've been claimed to be!

Albertosaurus might be another tyrannosaurid they could be from and one typically used by sellers.  I did not include it since there is no evidence to-date that they were in the Judith.  That can change with new discoveries.

It could be albertosarus but I like the more realistic IDs you have mentioned based their appearance and location. 

I looked for my info card I kept for little one and other than being listed as a juvie Albertosaurus, it was described as: upper Cretaceous age deposits, Judith River Formation, in Hill County, Montana near Havre.