seneca

I found these in Dallas Texas in shale.  Any help with identity would be great!!  I know the basic ones, crinoid stems, shark vertabrae, etc.  But Not sure what these are.  Thanks.  

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (5).jpg

Welcome, newbie.

The first one is definitely an ammonite, possibly a heteromorph like Glyptoxoceras or similar (depending on the age of the rock, which I don't know. If you don't know, give us a closer idea of your location without actually revealing the exact location/directions to your site! and someone can help you).

Also if you can provide larger pics it will help us to see details, that might help with identification.

Your middle two look like Crinoid stems, while your last one seems to have a lot of different shells like Turtilla and so on. I am not knowledgeable on the species of either but hopefully someone on here will be able to help you with that.

"I am going to dig up dinosaurs whether they are liquid or solid"

Welcome to the Fossil Forum. Check out The Dallas Paleontology Society that meets near you. They would love to see your fossils at their meeting.

What localities and formations are the fossils from? For help see this map: https://txpub.usgs.gov/dss/texasgeology/

The first photo is of a heteromorph ammonite possible from the black shales of the mid Cretaceous Eagle Ford Group sediments that crop out in the Dallas area. The other three photos contain a razor clam,  Gervilliopsis [Gervillia] invaginata, (sometimes called petrified sardines) and some marine snails that probably are in iron rich Weno and/or Paw Paw Formation rocks from the mid Cretaceous. See photo from Lance Hall's North Texas Fossil website for a photo:    http://northtexasfossils.com/fieldtrips/2013-05-19/2013-05-19-4716-800.jpg

2013-05-19-4716-800.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Ah, see there's the expertise you needed...

Interesting razor clam, DPS.. I wondered what those long things were, I didn't think they were crinoid stems but they didn't look right for baculites or belemnites either - I thought maybe scaphopods but have never seen clusters of them like that, with snails or otherwise.

Welcome aboard :) 

thats a a nice group of fossils you have there! Can you be more specific with the location and add, preferably, a ruler for scale? I'd love to see the ammonite in more detail. Being shale you might be able to ping of some of the matrix with a dental pick or pin in a pin vice.