guided trips

Herb

IMHO, if you set  up a date and time to meet someone who is taking their time and effort to take you around to collecting sites in their area, and you can not make the appointed meeting at least have the courtesy to call them and let them know you won't be there.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

39 minutes ago, Herb said:

IMHO, if you set  up a date and time to meet someone who is taking their time and effort to take you around to collecting sites in their area, and you can not make the appointed meeting at least have the courtesy to call them and let them know you won't be there.

I agree Herb. That's just common courtesy. Unless its a very good reason why they didnt call, email or text ahead of time, I would not be so agreeable to a make up date.

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

Herb, 

That should definitely be a common courtesy, that should be strictly adhered to, barring any unforseen accident or emergency. 

Sorry you weren't shown that courtesy. 

Regards,

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

I just found out It was a mutual failure to communicate. I have set up another field trip in the next week.. Still, as a rule, it is good advice.

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

Glad to hear it was merely a miscommunication, and not thoughtlessness. :D 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

12 minutes ago, Herb said:

I just found out It was a mutual failure to communicate. I have set up another field trip in the next week.. Still, as a rule, it is good advice.

In my personal & professional experiences, I have learned the hard way it is generally better to over-communicate than risk under or miscommunicating.

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

Me too

Happens over here too,a forum arranged a trip with limited numbers,people didn't turn up but the reserve list couldn't go.Some people are so self centred.:angry:

When I am being taken to a new site by someone I not only over communicate but also recipricate in return.  For example, this last trip to South Dakota, I brought the guy two big porter house steaks and a very nice double fish plate.    When the misses and I went to Calvert cliffs, I gave the guy $50 for gas money for his boat and some really nice fossils from the west coast for his time.  Just the way I roll. 

RB

Glad to hear it was unintentional Herb. All the folks I've had the pleasure of taking out from TFF have been stand up folks who genuinely were grateful for the opportunity to get out with a local to do some hunting. It's hard to find a better group of people IMHO:D  

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

you would have to be an idiot not to show up for a trip with Herb.  He is an awesome host and very generous with his time an knowledge.

35 minutes ago, jcbshark said:

Glad to hear it was unintentional Herb. All the folks I've had the pleasure of taking out from TFF have been stand up folks who genuinely were grateful for the opportunity to get out with a local to do some hunting. It's hard to find a better group of people IMHO:D  

So true

30 minutes ago, Fossil Claw said:

you would have to be an idiot not to show up for a trip with Herb.  He is an awesome host and very generous with his time an knowledge.

Thanks for the kind words

It is a difficult day when one must admit to being an idiot, if only unintentionally. :( However, it is a happy day when your generous host and guide @Herb forgives your lack of clarity on dates and kindly reschedules. 

Thank you! :)

Leah

Archived