Help identify tooth

GodProtect

Good day.
I could not identify this tooth, help me figure it out.
Found in sediments Lower Carboniferous (Mississippian Subsystem), Serpukhovian Stage in the career of "Zaborye" is not far from Moscow.

5937e3354cf44_(11).thumb.jpg.6ec2ae0f2b65e81fa68de0d4fc6208d3.jpg

Sorry for my english, best regards Alexander

Welcome to the Forum. Your English is fine. :)  Beautiful  tooth. I can't help with ID but someone who can will be along soon.

12-2023TFFsig.png.193bff42034b9285e960cff49786ba4e.png

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

It is definitely not Psephodus. I think it is a Eugeneodontid-type tooth, something belonging to the genus Campodus. The bumps along the subline of the crown indicate it was probably in a spiraled jaw, very indicative of Eugeneodontids. If it was in my collection, I would label it as a Campodus tooth.

Chomatodus also has a similar root structure, but the morphology of the crown didn't fit that in my opinion. 

See this for comparison: https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Campodus_variabilis_tooth.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Beautiful tooth! This isn't one I'm familiar with, my first thoughts were either a Chomatodus sp. or Venustodus sp. but I think Jim is right with some kind of Campodus sp.

On 6/7/2017 at 8:55 PM, TNCollector said:

It is definitely not Psephodus. I think it is a Eugeneodontid-type tooth, something belonging to the genus Campodus. The bumps along the subline of the crown indicate it was probably in a spiraled jaw, very indicative of Eugeneodontids. If it was in my collection, I would label it as a Campodus tooth

Chomatodus also has a similar root structure, but the morphology of the crown didn't fit that in my opinion. 

See this for comparison: https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Campodus_variabilis_tooth.jpg

I spent a lot of time but did not find teeth Campodus with such a crown structure.

If you have any examples, please send them.

149694700666076-big.jpg

The link I attached shows a spiral of them with a very similar crown structure, but I agree that it is not exact. Truth is that you will probably never find an exact ID with this tooth, it is almost guaranteed to be a new species. Carboniferous shark teeth are not understood very well due to the lack of complete skeletons or in most cases, any skeletal material at all. I feel very confident that this tooth belongs to the order Eugeneodontida based off of the basic morphology of the tooth, and I think Campodus is a decent placeholder genus based off of similar specimens, but I will keep an eye out on any publications that I see for something more similar.

• I found this Informative 4