Fossil fly by

Archaeopteris

I have had this fossil encrusted rock since the 1990's and I thought rather than photograph it again I would make a video, as if I was flying over it.

No drone was involved however, I just used my Canon compact.

On 2017-6-8 at 3:09 PM, Troodon said:

Can you provide some information as to locality, age etc where it was found

I have mentioned this fossil find in an earlier thread, it's the only fossil I have. It was found in England in the west midlands sometime in the 1999s. A place called Sedgley Beacon

13 hours ago, Archaeopteris said:

I have mentioned this fossil find in an earlier thread, it's the only fossil I have. It was found in England in the west midlands sometime in the 1999s. A place called Sedgley Beacon

Maybe putting a link to the thread or putting the information into this thread may help, no?

3 hours ago, JohnBrewer said:

Maybe putting a link to the thread or putting the information into this thread may help, no?

Well seeing as I know where it is now (it was lost during a house move in 2014) I should get some new photos of it.

One idea you could try is putting it on a turntable like a lazy susan, and photo'ing it with the camera stationary (eg. tripod)... you might get less jerky motion that way.

1 hour ago, Wrangellian said:

One idea you could try is putting it on a turntable like a lazy susan, and photo'ing it with the camera stationary (eg. tripod)... you might get less jerky motion that way.

To be honest with you it was very much  a spur of the moment thing, just a bit of fun. But what I want to do is photograph it properly using my DSLR with macro lens and set up some grazed lighting for shots of interesting parts.

I figured it was a spur of the moment thing. Try my idea along with yours and see what results you get! Probably pretty good..

Archived