Claw Pterosaur

Seguidora-de-Isis

Hello. I would like to request help on this supposed claw of Moroccan Pterosaur. Thank you to all who always help me!

Size:    13.3 mm = 1.52 in
Weight:    1 g = 0.04 oz

9547058009.png

2548875409.png

2763933209.png

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

The fact that the claw seems to be partial does cause me to think it is real, as for identification...I've got no clue! :)

3 minutes ago, Troodon said:

No not pterosaur 

See attached topic especially the post by john

Huh, I've always seen these sold as pterosaur claws, never thought for an instant that they may not be! That post about them really just being part of a fish skull was really intrigueing.

10 minutes ago, The Speeding Carno said:

Huh, I've always seen these sold as pterosaur claws, never thought for an instant that they may not be! That post about them really just being part of a fish skull was really intrigueing.

Moroccan dinosaur/pterosaur material sold online and at shows is the most misidentified and misrepresented around.  Buyers cannot assume what is offered is accurate.  Perfect case of Buyer beware regardless how well respected and who the seller is.  This is not about fakes, which is another issue, but just bad ID's

8 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Moroccan dinosaur/pterosaur material sold online and at shows is the most misidentified and misrepresented around.  Buyers cannot assume what is offered is accurate.  Perfect case of Buyer beware regardless how well respected and who the seller is.  This is not about fakes, which is another issue, but just bad ID's

I'll be sure to fact check the ID's in the future, most likely with the help of TFF!

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

Most likely not pterosaur 

See attached topic especially the post by john

Thank you for the informations! I thought it was a pterosaur's claw, but it's good to know that it belongs to an unidentified aninal. This time they got me! I will request the return of my money with the seller!

2999945909.png

03.PNG

5 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

Thank you for the informations! I thought it was a pterosaur's claw, but it's good to know that it belongs to an unidentified aninal. This time they got me! I will request the return of my money with the seller!

2999945909.png

:hearty-laugh:

It's still a nice claw. My guess would be theropod or bird. But I'm by no means an expert.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

In fact the seller was actually advertising as being Pterosaur's claw. But anyway everything has already been resolved, including today I received the response from the seller:

" Hello,

We work with unpublished and very rare pieces within the set of cretaceous vertebrate fossils of North Africa. These claws, as noted in the description, are very unusual and there are no scientific publications that refer to the claws of pterosaurs in this region. There are different opinions, and theories. We do not sell anything false, but unpublished.

Anyway, we have accessed your request to cancel the order. We have already returned the money. No problem."

03.PNG

1 hour ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

In fact the seller was actually advertising as being Pterosaur's claw. But anyway everything has already been resolved, including today I received the response from the seller:

" Hello,

We work with unpublished and very rare pieces within the set of cretaceous vertebrate fossils of North Africa. These claws, as noted in the description, are very unusual and there are no scientific publications that refer to the claws of pterosaurs in this region. There are different opinions, and theories. We do not sell anything false, but unpublished.

Anyway, we have accessed your request to cancel the order. We have already returned the money. No problem."

:dinothumb:

Interesting,  so if its unpublished, very unusual, no scientific data to support it why then refer them as pterosaur, maybe to sell it and make money  :D.    I like the comment "we do not sell anything false, but unpublished " ha ha :rofl:

By the way this type of claw is the most common sold at shows from the Kem Kem.  One day we will find out who the owner is.

Archived