Quick question (water trap)

Crann

Hi, was going to test my pen/compressor today, water trap not been delivered yet, is it safe to have a little play with the pen on a few specimens without the trap for a little while ? Cheers.

17 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Yes, it won't hurt the pen. Make sure your compressor is completely drained of condensation and you will be ok.

Draining it now... messy business

Yes sir it is. Mine is due for a drain as well and I'm not going to enjoy it. I just need to install a pipe with a valve so the water goes where I want it to and it's easy to mess with.

• I found this Informative 1

Welll... first trial done, feels like I'm a dentist, will post results later when back home, whiney little thing the ST pen, end keeps unscrewing itself and "oil" keeps seeping through ? That normal ? Cheers.

2 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Yes sir it is. Mine is due for a drain as well and I'm not going to enjoy it. I just need to install a pipe with a valve so the water goes where I want it to and it's easy to mess with.

Few practice pieces ...

20170611_150905.jpg

1 hour ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Looking good!

Welll... first trial done, feels like I'm a dentist, will post results later when back home, whiney little thing the ST pen, end keeps unscrewing itself and "oil" keeps seeping through ? That normal ? Cheers.

Think it could be grease actually as just cleaned the pen up, shouldn't unscrew though when in use.

Oil lubricator on the compressor ? Water trap should come tomorrow not got it yet, cheers.

There's always a bit of oil that comes out of a new scribe. This should top after a few uses.

If the scribe is an Aro style, they tend to try to unscrew during use. After a while this will stop as the threads get dirty.

7 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

There's always a bit of oil that comes out of a new scribe. This should top after a few uses.

If the scribe is an Aro style, they tend to try to unscrew during use. After a while this will stop as the threads get dirty.

Thanks, appreciate your help.

22 hours ago, Crann said:

Oil lubricator on the compressor ? Water trap should come tomorrow not got it yet, cheers.

IMG_5066.PNG.161fe49357daa41b650b2156aeea75d7.PNG

Is what I use. Lubricant goes in the right hand side tank :)