mrieder79

I was skimming the bottom and came to a spot with several big bone chunks. I thought, "There's gotta be a meg here. GOT to." Sure enough. A few seconds later, I stumbled on this beauty. 4 1/4"

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH!:blink:      :wub: 

Very nice! 

Great score! :meg:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

If anyone knows the mouth position of this tooth, please share. 

Beautiful tooth, congrats! I would guess it's  an upper

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

That is a very nice looking tooth and it looks like a lower A1 ( Lower Left Side Anterior Tooth ) but it could also be a Lower Right Side Tooth. Some times it is very hard to tell with out having the tooth in your hands and only going by a photo, I hope this helps you some. George

• I found this Informative 3

1 hour ago, powelli1 said:

That is a very nice looking tooth and it looks like a lower A1 ( Lower Left Side Anterior Tooth ) but it could also be a Lower Right Side Tooth. Some times it is very hard to tell with out having the tooth in your hands and only going by a photo, I hope this helps you some. George

I was wondering if it was a lower due to how narrow it is.  Thanks for the help. 

What a absolutely awesome find! :yay-smiley-1: Congratulations! 

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

We dive from 20-60 feet and the clarity is usually less than a foot. Lots of current, very dangerous, blackout diving.

Yeah. Sometimes it might look like fossil diving is easy, like the teeth are just all over the place down there, but you have to bust your hump to find good spots, and then you need to bust some more to get some megs, especially these days when most rivers have been hit pretty hard. It's dangerous and you regularly hear about people dying while fossil diving.  So, yeah, you find good teeth, but it comes at a steep price. And don't get me started on the gear... 

But what can I say, I love it.

1 hour ago, mrieder79 said:

Yeah. Sometimes it might look like fossil diving is easy, like the teeth are just all over the place down there, but you have to bust your hump to find good spots, and then you need to bust some more to get some megs, especially these days when most rivers have been hit pretty hard. It's dangerous and you regularly hear about people dying while fossil diving.  So, yeah, you find good teeth, but it comes at a steep price. And don't get me started on the gear... 

But what can I say, I love it.

That, my friend is called addiction!! Isn't it fantastic? My son has a place in Ormandy by the sea. Can you tell me a little more about those rivers that have been hit pretty hard. I may hunt for some smaller teeth that do not require diving. :D 

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"