Stylemys auction nervousness

So I may or may not get killed for my recent purchase, I jumped at it when I received a offer and now I'm freaking out a bit. Could you please help confirm that this indeed real and then possibly I'll be out of hot water. Thanks!!!

IMG_1042.PNG

IMG_1043.PNG

IMG_1044.PNG

IMG_1045.PNG

IMG_1046.PNG

IMG_1047.PNG

IMG_1048.PNG

IMG_1049.PNG

So you're the one that out bid me!!! Lol

I'm 99% sure it's real. 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

"sp. (Class Reptilia, Order Testudines), dating to the Oligocene (~35 million years ago).  It originates from the famous Brule Formation of the Badlands in Nebraska and was found on private land in Dawes County."

"I am a geologist who graduated from Cal State University - Sacramento (CSUS).  I worked under Lanny Fisk (Ph.D.) who is a paleontologist with extensive background in biology at Paleoresource Consultants located in Auburn, CA.  I also worked for Wallace Kuhl & Associates Inc. as an environmental geologist and monitored any kind of native soil disruption for bones, fossils, pipelines, etc.  I can guarantee that this fossil specimen is 100% authentic."

An update before bed, I've done some pretty intensive googling and have actually confirmed his story about Lanny Fisk and past employment. I even contacted Lanny and had a short discussion with him and sent home photos. his response was "Xxxxx xxxxxx was indeed an employee of PaleoResource Consultants and is a good friend.  I would trust his identifications." I'm feeling a bit better but would still love your guys input.

5 hours ago, Rob_P said:

"

I am a geologist who graduated from Cal State University - Sacramento (CSUS).  I worked under Lanny Fisk (Ph.D.) who is a paleontologist with extensive background in biology at Paleoresource Consultants located in Auburn, CA.  I also worked for Wallace Kuhl & Associates Inc. as an environmental geologist and monitored any kind of native soil disruption for bones, fossils, pipelines, etc.  I can guarantee that this fossil specimen is 100% authentic."

Please don't write with letters so big ! On a forum it means that you are angry and that you shout !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

This is indeed a real fossil. However, it definitely is not an oligocene stylemys. It is a miocene testudo from China. See the attached photo from a fossil dealer in Hong Kong.

ir43.gif

I didn't mean to write with big letters, I copied and paste the original add and didn't know how to re-size, Sorry about that. @steelhead9 thanks for the very informative reply! 

Great news that you were able to confirm this one, @Rob P

I've adjusted the font size. If you look at the bar at the top of the box when posting, you'll see an option next to the smiley emoticon that says "size" (a drop-down menu you can adjust). In this case, as it was being cut and pasted from elsewhere, you can simply click on the option third from the left of the smiley ("Tx") which removes all formatting and goes to default. :) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Archived