Are there any dino-bearing formation in Drumheller (Alberta, Canada) besides Horseshoe Canyon?

-Andy-

As above. After the silly Alioramus(?) locality mistake I made, I have taken on the colossal and necessary task of auditing all my locality info.

Here's an area that has me stumped. Does anyone know if there's any late Cretaceous dino-bearing formations in Drumheller besides Horseshoe Canyon?

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Good task to undertake but unless you have a very specific locality where you're specimens were found it will be very difficult to do.

Under Canada in attachment

Of special note is The Belly group in the Campanian age which contains Dinosaur Park, Oldman and Foremost Formations.  Its one of the most important areas in North America with tons of new species discovered.

4 hours ago, Troodon said:

Good task to undertake but unless you have a very specific locality where you're specimens were found it will be very difficult to do.

Under Canada in attachment

Of special note is The Belly group in the Campanian age which contains Dinosaur Park, Oldman and Foremost Formations.  Its one of the most important areas in North America with tons of new species discovered.

Thanks Frank. That thread is most helpful.

You are right, it is exceedingly difficult. I don't find my own fossils, and all I have is what sellers tell me. I think I should make the effort still to at least get a general locality if I can't find the specific location.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Archived