Mazon Creek fossils or rocks?

Miocene_Mason

So I bought thirteen Mazon creek nodules for 99 cents (am I allowed to say that?) and two fossils are apparent. The rest might be just rocks but I don't know enough to say that confidently, so for the next while I'm going to post them and I hope you all can tell me if I missed a fossil. Here are four, two is the most promising. Also, are those bumps that are on most anything?Thank you and good luck!

IMG_1609.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

IMG_1612.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

@fossilized6s  @RCFossils  @digit

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say Jellyfish. 

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Tim is correct.

2,3,4 are essexella asherae jellyfish.

1 has to be cleaned a bit to give a confident ID. Soak your nodule in vinegar for 10-15mins intervals while scrubbing with a toothbrush in between soaks will get most of the calcite off (white chalky stuff). I'm assuming e.asherae as well, but we all know where assumptions get us......

• I found this Informative 3

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

6 minutes ago, fossilized6s said:

Tim is correct.

2,3,4 are essexella asherae jellyfish.

1 has to be cleaned a bit to give a confident ID. Soak your nodule in vinegar for 10-15mins intervals while scrubbing with a toothbrush in between soaks will get most of the calcite off (white chalky stuff). I'm assuming e.asherae as well, but we all know where assumptions get us......

Thanks for the ids, I will clean it up.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason