Napoleon North

Hi 

This is amber ?

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_1000.JPG

Yes,I believe that is amber.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

You’ll need to do a few tests to see if its amber. First see if it floats in saltwater. Dissolve as much salt as you can into a glass of water until its saturated so no more can dissolve. If the specimen in question floats, then it could well be amber. If this is the case, you can carry out a few other tests to be sure it’s not modern resin etc.

It's not surprising, This site calls Kraków, the amber city. From my research it seems to be a staple there.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

20 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

It's not surprising, This site calls Kraków, the amber city. From my research it seems to be a staple there.

Although amber is sold there it is sourced from the Baltic Sea.

4 minutes ago, Kosmoceras said:

Although amber is sold there it is sourced from the Baltic Sea.

Yes, but trade has been to the area for a long time. I believe he had a Mesolithic object a few days ago, so probably since then. Another question for @Napoleon North was it in the rock you were searching through or was it just on the ground? In other words, is it an artifact (or a modern resident) or was it from the rock of the site?

Happy hunting,

Mason

Koło Krakowa stwierdzono rzadką pomarańczowo. Reservoir to dlatego, że sprawdzane są bubbles of air . W słodkiej wodzie ... zlewozmywaków

A okaz znalazłem leżący na wzgórzu skąd mam zęby ryb i rekinów.

10 minutes ago, Napoleon North said:

Koło Krakowa stwierdzono rzadką pomarańczowo. Reservoir to dlatego, że sprawdzane są bubbles of air . W słodkiej wodzie ... zlewozmywaków

A okaz znalazłem leżący na wzgórzu skąd mam zęby ryb i rekinów.

Quick Google Translate translation:

Cracow was found rare in orange. Reservoir is because they are checked for bubbles of air. In the fresh water ... sinks
And the specimen I found lying on the hill from where I have fish teeth and sharks.

@Napoleon North Most of the people in this forum don't speak Polish, so if you have language difficulties you can always use Google Translate to translate your texts ;)

(sure, the translations won't be perfect, but at least we'll be able to understand you)

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Through email I was sent a translation and it spoke of air bombs and sweet water. google translate does much better than whatever software the server uses. Anyway, remember water that is fully saturated with salt should be used, not fresh water. I'm gonna guess it was brought by trade, not from the outcrop, as I feel it is unlikely amber would be in ocean deposits.

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived