Some Ougnat Ellipsocephaloidea requiring ID

mediterranic

2 minutes ago, piranha said:

You are wearing me out

Ahah. Sorry... 

And I am already identifying by myself about 50% of the specimens I'm digging now from the boxes... 

My Academia.edu profile - My About Me page 

Well, @piranha, returning to those ones:

don't you find those cranidia more similar to Termierella latifrons than to Brevitermierella brevifrons?

1-2: Termierella

19-20: Brevitermierella

Geyer, 1990

Regards, 

Miguel

2081d.JPG

2087j.JPG

Termierella.png

Brevitermierella.png

11 hours ago, mediterranic said:

...don't you find those cranidia more similar to Termierella latifrons than to Brevitermierella brevifrons?

The figures from Geyer show the palpebro-ocular ridges are too wide and the preglabellar field for Termierella is wider than Brevitermierella.

2320 (8).JPG  Protolenus densigranulatus

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

• 3 weeks later...

This fossil, in the same plate of one Ellipsocephaloidea ssp. from Ougnate, really intrigues me. Any ideas of what can it be? For scale, the trilobite has 2,8 cm.

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

4046 (2).JPG

4046 (9).JPG

4046 (13).JPG

4046 (16).JPG

4046 (17).JPG

4046 (10).JPG

This is not one of my specimens. It is one that I found online and it's confusing me. Am I wrong or this is not one Hamatolenus but instead, maybe a Brevitermierella?

@piranha

6f560b855a91ce91194ddaffe50fb445.jpg  1536×2048 .png

Here is the reason of my question: the "specimen found online" (Hamatolenus ???) vs.Hamatolenus vs. Protolenus vs. Brevitermierella.

Cheers.

Miguel

putative Hamatolenus                                                                              Protolenus

the one online (Hamatolenus) vs Protolenus.jpg

Brevitermierella                                                                                                             Hamatolenus

hamatolenus vs brevitermierella.jpg

Maybe a naive question for the geology experts here: Is it know to how many million years it corresponds a vertical distance in a determined strata? For instance, 1 cm of Cambrian strata may separate how much geo-time? (Cambrian or other).

Of course I understand that the answer may be possible just to well study places. But generally speaking...?

Miguel

26 minutes ago, mediterranic said:

Maybe a naive question for the geology experts here: Is it know to how many million years it corresponds a vertical distance in a determined strata? For instance, 1 cm of Cambrian strata may separate how much geo-time? (

It varies from place to place and through time. It is dependent on amount of sedimentation and amount of compaction of the sediments.

Heavy rains and soft / unstable soils can cause a large buildup over a short period of time - and - hard soils and lack of rain can reduce the sedimentation buildup.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Well, I didn't give up from this one. After searching all Illaenina genera and seeing that a Cambrian Illaenid with 5 or 6 segments is not described, I asked for Sam G. opinion too. 

New observations and new pics with other light angles made Sam think about the hypothesis of two partial Ellipsocephalids overlapping. I am also confident now that the "pygidium" is another's trilobite cephalon cutted by a preparer to resemble thorax's continuity. And that the fine counterpart was just luck and was confusing the reasoning. 

So, these are two partial Ellipsocephalids that seems just one.

Another question in the meantime: in the same matrix, there are these strange structures. Like filaments or some vegetal parts.

Do you think these are fossils?

597f816291405_2130(7)_M.jpg.1bd12c6867ea665f25561adc946ec09c.jpg 

The two Ellipsocephalids that seem an Illaninae:

597f81a4982bb_2130(6)_M.jpg.d3cafef1e1df907aa26b55164b604597.jpg

597f81a6838d8_2130(8)_M.jpg.1f5cf59dcc24d69a841b915f711f22f3.jpg

Archived